• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news!

Comment

Comment

Good to hear.

Comment

That is awesome news! God is truly great! I'm so happy for y'all!

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          Men, hug your wives; God is great!
          Amen to that.

Comment

What a great report, sooo happy for you guys Kevin. Give Tina a hug for all of us and y'all get on with life. Love you guys.

Comment

Great news! God is good all the time and all the time God is good!!! He works all things for his glory and in his time.

Comment

Wonderful news. Yeah, being stressed out over stuff doesn't help, either. Things like this make you reconsider what's really important in life. God bless you and your family.

Comment

Well, Tina had her surgery on January 26th.

It went very well. The plastic surgeon, that was on hand to "rearrange tissue", came out first to tell me that there wasn't much for him to do, because there was very little tissue that had to come out. Seems the chemo did its job, and did it well.

When the surgical oncologist was done, she came out to update me. She repeated that very little tissue, at the tumor, had to be taken out, and only 4 lymph nodes took the tracer dye. We were scared that they'd have to take all the lymph nodes, that greatly increase the chances of lymphodema, down the road.

Since they only took 4 lymph nodes, we were able to go home that night. Through the course of the weekend, Tina felt pretty good and only took 1 Tramadol, out of her prescription.

Today she went in for a followup with her medical oncologist. He told her that he had never seen such favorable results in a all the similar cases that he's dealt with. The pathology showed no traces of cancer in the tissue taken from the site of the tumor. Furthermore, only one of the four lymph nodes showed any signs of cancer and he said that it was so minuscule that they wouldn't even consider it to be cancer.

All in all, I don't think that the results could be any better. Our prayers have been answered, and Tina is on the fast track to getting back to normal. The doctor has cleared her to have sushi (which she's been craving since August) and said she'll be good to go diving as soon as all her sutures were out and she completed her physical therapy to regain any lost muscles.

Men, hug your wives; God is great!
                  Praise God! He is great!

Comment

That’s awesome news! God is good!

Comment

Tina had her followup with the surgeon today.
                      Now she's telling her that she wants to operate AGAIN, and take out ALL the lymph nodes because there was a trace of cancer, in one of the ones removed.

We've had an overall great experience at MD Anderson, but this surgeon can't seem to get her **** straight!

Comment

Awesome news!

Comment

prayers sent..

Comment

Tina had her followup with the surgeon today.
                            Now she's telling her that she wants to operate AGAIN, and take out ALL the lymph nodes because there was a trace of cancer, in one of the ones removed.

We've had an overall great experience at MD Anderson, but this surgeon can't seem to get her **** straight!
                            Thats thw opposite of what thet said b4... i think it might be time for the conversation about other doctors opinons in the group... im an md patient, and i think that they are really good at putting mutiple heads together. Might be time to ask for more heads lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ps prayers up for praise on good surgical results!

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                              Thats thw opposite of what thet said b4... i think it might be time for the conversation about other doctors opinons in the group... im an md patient, and i think that they are really good at putting mutiple heads together. Might be time to ask for more heads lol

Ps prayers up for praise on good surgical results!
                              Yes, this is the exact opposite of what my dad went through. They wouldn't give him any kind of answer until the whole "team" discussed it, and agreed on the answer.

I'm actually shocked that the surgeon is doing this, BUT, one of Tina's friends had the same surgeon, and she said the same thing about her ... that she contradicted herself on a few occasions.

Comment

Yes, this is the exact opposite of what my dad went through. They wouldn't give him any kind of answer until the whole "team" discussed it, and agreed on the answer.

I'm actually shocked that the surgeon is doing this, BUT, one of Tina's friends had the same surgeon, and she said the same thing about her ... that she contradicted herself on a few occasions.
                                Weird... not saying dont trust... trust but verify... ask lots of questions...

Not sure if yall are gona be down there much in the next bit but let me know if you are, ill be down and love to grab a bite to eat. Ill be down for scans in the next month

Comment

Working...
                                X