Kevin Brady's buddy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin Brady's buddy..

There was a guy on here that was working with Brady on tax reform, I tried to find the thread but couldn't. Well, what do you think of the BIG 6 tax plan? Looks like the middle class folk like me are still gonna be gettin the big stick. I'm taxed at 26% now, what a feeling 1% will be. I haven't seen what the ranges for the brackets are going to be but I'm just assuming the middle class is going to be forgotten about again. New brackets will be 12%, 25%, and 35%

Well, you better hope you don't make more money or you'll really get screwed.

Comment

I believe those numbers are going to change some.
      Negotiations just starting

Comment

You don't know what the breakdown is yet of what income qualifies for which bracket. We are also being told that the AMT is doubling, which essentially will double the amount of "pre tax" income for people. And if you are self employed or in a partnership, it looks like the tax rate is going down. Don't be so quick to judge. We don't know how this will play out yet for the middle class. Or anyone else

Comment

Given their recent track record or screwups and bad decisions, everyone has a good reason to be concerned about any bill the republicans introduce these days.

Comment

In my 71.5 years of life and over 50 years of it paying the fiddler I can't ever recall my taxes going down. With all the smoke and mirrors I don't expect this to be any different in the long run. I did get a net $4 a month raise last time on SS check. Of course inflation took a $200 a month bite out of that so I ended up in the red again.

Comment

Forgive me if I don't rejoice. Short of a small handful of Republicans, the entire lot is back-stabbing criminals. As citizens, it is not our obligation to trust politicians. Politicians should fear the average citizen the way average citizens fear the IRS. There is a vast disconnect from the original intent of our founders regarding our "representatives". They act more like members of a Monarchy rather than a tool in a representative republic.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                Of course inflation took a $200 a month bite out of that so I ended up in the red again.
                Wages sure as hell haven't kept up with inflation. 50K a year use to be a solid job in the 90s. Now it's tough to live on (in a Texas city, at least).
                Last edited by sir shovelhands; 09-28-2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                  There was a guy on here that was working with Brady on tax reform, I tried to find the thread but couldn't. Well, what do you think of the BIG 6 tax plan? Looks like the middle class folk like me are still gonna be gettin the big stick. I'm taxed at 26% now, what a feeling 1% will be. I haven't seen what the ranges for the brackets are going to be but I'm just assuming the middle class is going to be forgotten about again. New brackets will be 12%, 25%, and 35%
                  Pretty sure you are talking about Landrover. From what I know from this site he's a good dude. Happy to know one of our own has the ear of one of our representatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    Pretty sure you are talking about Landrover. From what I know from this site he's a good dude. Happy to know one of our own has the ear of one of our representatives.
                    That's who I thought it was. I want to know how this compares to what him and Brady talked about a couple weeks ago. I'm sure he will be around in a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                      That's who I thought it was. I want to know how this compares to what him and Brady talked about a couple weeks ago. I'm sure he will be around in a little while.
                      Just catching up! Cant say I am a buddy of any politician but I try to stay involved in areas that could have positive.........or adverse affects.
                      AMT was not mentioned and the rates were much better/lower. Obviously, nothing was in stone in that visit but the parameters of making real changes is still the same. WE (all Americans) can agree the IRS is a mess and the tax basis is skewed severely in the wrong direction for the majority of Americans...........middle/upper middle class! This is still evolving and will be interesting to watch. I can only hope for the best as I don't have much faith "overall" in the process. Positive "Baby Steps" will make a world of difference in the taxing process. YES, there will be winners and losers.............it is politics!

Comment

I had heard one of the big things in this new tax plan was going to be the fed not compensating high state taxes to relieve the tax burden on citizens. This would be California New York etc. So all those people are going to be hit in the wallet by an extra 6% or so, and it should shake up a lot of that liberal death grip.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
                          I had heard one of the big things in this new tax plan was going to be the fed not compensating high state taxes to relieve the tax burden on citizens. This would be California New York etc. So all those people are going to be hit in the wallet by an extra 6% or so, and it should shake up a lot of that liberal death grip.
                          You also wouldn't get to deduct the property taxes that we pay here in Texas. That should help crash the Texas real estate market. Whatever happens productive citizens will get screwed. Some things never change.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            You also wouldn't get to deduct the property taxes that we pay here in Texas. That should help crash the Texas real estate market. Whatever happens productive citizens will get screwed. Some things never change.
                            This x10.

Comment

Is that on the itemized deduction? Just curious, we just purchased our second home, and are renting out our other home. I don't recall getting any deductions on my taxes for that. I do agree with you on us always being the ones to carry the burden though. Too many embedded interests influencing our "representatives "

Comment

Working...
                              X