Hunting Cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Cats

Two years ago, I had the good fortune to see a bobcat during an early bow season hunt. As much as I enjoyed the fact that he never knew I was in the world, I did not attempt to draw on him. When I returned to the camp, eager to tell my story, I was chastised for not shooting him. I have no reason to shoot a cat. If I shoot a cat its because he's been in my garbage or walking on my freshly washed truck. What is it about a "meow mount" that is so thrilling to so many?

i feel the same way!

Comment

I have killed many bobcats and I have been fortunate enough to get 1 with my bow. For me its that Bobcats are so weary of anything and to call one in or have one come into your deer stand is a great accomplishment.

Comment

I've had the pleasure of seeing several bobcats through the years and have tried in the past to take one with my bow and failed on two accounts. How ever I totally agree with
        Bad_Rail. It's such a treat to see them in their element and have them unaware that
        your there. They all get a free pass with me!

Comment

i was having the same thought last night. i got lucky enough to kill one this year...always wanted one. now i think i may let them walk...besides they do kill squirrels

Comment

I've killed one and let a few walk. Since then I've heard they eat alot of fawns. I'll shoot them as long as I hunt my current ranch because that is what the rancher wants.

Comment

Working...
            X