No announcement yet.

Chaparral WMA Javelina Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the javi! I can't wait to chase them this coming week!

Comment

burn n' feather,
      I saw some great bucks. I even had a group of 1 big buck and 2 small bucks mistake me for a hot doe and come running at me all grunting. At about 50 yards they decided I wasn't that cute and turned away and ran off, all 3 grunting. The area manager said they have late fawn does come in heat as late as March.

Comment

That is a big Javi! Congrats!

Comment

congrats on the javi

Comment

Congrats on the bow kill ranch rat. They are FUN to hunt.

Bisch

Comment

how do i get to hunt this place??

Comment

congrats to you, your daughter, and friend on the stinky corn rats

Comment

thats a big one. Congrats

Comment

Congrats on the Javi.
                    We were there in January on the archery buck hunt and had trouble running them off of the corn. They would stand their ground until you walk within about 30-40 yards of them.
                    Did you see any of the big pigs? we had a boar about 200lbs in our compartment.

Comment

Congrats on the javi

Comment

TX bowhunter, It's one of TPWD's draw hunts. Pay $3 and put in the lottery. The book of drawings comes out in July. Just look at TPWD's website.

Denowt, No hogs. I have only seen one hog out of about 6 trips to Chaparral.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                          Denowt, No hogs. I have only seen one hog out of about 6 trips to Chaparral.
                          This was our second trip there and was a first for us also.
                          One guy in our party went to retrieve his deer about 45 minutes after the shot and found a 200lb boar "guarding" the carcass. He said it was kind of scary trying to chase it off in the dark.

Comment

Congrats on the big Javi! I am curious about what the pastures looked like after the fire and drought?

Comment

Originally posted by TMEC View Post
                              Congrats on the big Javi! I am curious about what the pastures looked like after the fire and drought?
                              The WMA looks different in most areas but really good overall. A lot of the mesquite was scortched but alive and the buffle grass was tall and thick. In a lot of areas the whitebrush and other medium size brush was gone so it looked more open with large mesquites and tall buffle grass making up most of the growth without the medium brush. All the animals looked healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X