No announcement yet.

Amistad NPS 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke to a ranger last Saturday when I was hunting. He said if the government shut down that all the hunting areas are shut down too. That being said, the only area that they can really shut down is unit 2 due to the gate. Other then that go hunt!

Comment

in the last 10 yrs or so i've had my boat boarded 3 times while tied up on shore of hunt units ( i was hunting within earshot and got there fast) once by off duty LEO who thought it suspicious, once by border patrol, thought it suspicious, once by fed game warden cking duck hunters and happened on my boat. these people are still working, don't feed the bears. not worth my boat to me.

Comment

Well I spoke to a coworker who spoke to a park ranger and here is how it was explained to me... All hunt areas are closed and signs have been posted... If found hunting, minimal is a ticket and loss of permit... If found to have killed an animal it would be considered poaching.... As I mentioned before all ramps to the lake are closed of so if you had plans of coming in to hunt and fish you might want to reconsider... I will try to keep a close eye on things and post any changes... By the way that same co-worker killed a big ram and two ewe mouflon in area 4... Will try to get pics...

Comment

the people who's boots are on the ground have no say in this matter, and no sense of humor right now. the problem is farther up the line.

Comment

This is killing me... Have had a hunt planned for this coming weekend with my buddy from Houston for awhile. The government needs to hurry up and get their **** together. *fingers crossed*

Comment

Originally posted by rbanks View Post
              This is killing me... Have had a hunt planned for this coming weekend with my buddy from Houston for awhile. The government needs to hurry up and get their **** together. *fingers crossed*
              I had a hunt scheduled for this week also. I had some buds coming from Killeen and from the Valley. They are ******. Oh well, according to NPS Rangers, all areas are closed till further notice. I hope this gets resolved soon. Arrows need to be flying down range.

Comment

Ill be in Del Rio for about 2 months starting next monday during the week and was hoping to hunt everyday I was there.

Comment

Anyone who is caught on Amistad NRA is going to be ticketed. They have already given a bunch of tickets out to boaters and to hunters alike and there will be more if folks keep pushing the limits...this info is from a Sheriff's Deputy here in Del Rio. And, they are still patrolling the gates and driving the roads to find trespassers. This sucks but don't go out there unless you can afford it. Cheers!
                  Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Frederick D. Be View Post
                    Anyone who is caught on Amistad NRA is going to be ticketed. They have already given a bunch of tickets out to boaters and to hunters alike and there will be more if folks keep pushing the limits...this info is from a Sheriff's Deputy here in Del Rio. And, they are still patrolling the gates and driving the roads to find trespassers. This sucks but don't go out there unless you can afford it. Cheers!
                    Fred

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Im in Del Rio and cant hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Frederick D. Be View Post
                        Fred
                        Thanks for the heads-up. Yea, this sucks. Let your member of congress know how you feel about this. But like all things, this too shall pass.

Comment

Did park open????

Comment

i sure hope it is ....this is a webcam of the Diablo East boat ramp and it looks like there are boats docking off....so im guessing hunting areas are open again i sure do hope so!!!

Comment

Park is now open!!! I just made contact via phone!!! Permits are being sold for $20 as usual... 830-775-7491 is the phone number... Automated answering machine and not audible sometimes but dial zero for the operator...

Comment

Awesome. Any tips on what areas to evening hunt and what time to get there. Im working at the civic center welding and replacing their cooling chillers so it be after work.

Comment

Working...
                                X