Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megger89 View Post
    My dad won a hunt for Pronghorn at Rita Blanca Grasslands last season and was successful.
    Awesome, that seems pretty rare. I apply every year.

Comment

I drew a mgmt hunt at Mason Mountain. Been there before, a very nice place and lots of scenic views.

Comment

Across all hunts I've applied for so far (none of the October deadlines yet), I have an average of 5.4 group points (highest 16, lowest 1). Should be due over the upcoming years.

Comment

anybody receive their doe tag from TP&W yet?

Comment

Well I just got an email a week before my hunt that told me it had been cancelled. Due to a clerical error and too many hunters being selected they cancelled it all together. For gun deer antlerless/spike at Fort Boggy State park. They're refunding my money and giving me another preference point...but still. I don't think I'll ever apply again. They did it with literally 1 week notice since the hunts was supposed to start next Monday and the drawing was held over a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
              Well I just got an email a week before my hunt that told me it had been cancelled. Due to a clerical error and too many hunters being selected they cancelled it all together. For gun deer antlerless/spike at Fort Boggy State park. They're refunding my money and giving me another preference point...but still. I don't think I'll ever apply again. They did it with literally 1 week notice since the hunts was supposed to start next Monday and the drawing was held over a month ago.

That stinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's horrible.

Comment

I thought so too...but since I was off now anyway I went ahead and booked at First Point. Always a silver lining.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck at FP.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                      Good luck at FP.
                      Thanks!! I've always had good luck there, so I'm excited.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                        anybody receive their doe tag from TP&W yet?
                        Are you referring to MLDP ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                          Are you referring to MLDP ?

No, the USForest Service GMunits.

Finally received mine.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                            I got one saying the same thing for the second hunt next week. This is some crap. I burned 3 vacation days, which I cannot cancel since I'm a teacher, and I already booked a sub. Good thing i got that extra preference point, approximate cash value $3, to ease the sting.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                              I got one saying the same thing for the second hunt next week. This is some crap. I burned 3 vacation days, which I cannot cancel since I'm a teacher, and I already booked a sub. Good thing i got that extra preference point, approximate cash value $3, to ease the sting.
                              that kinda blows.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                                Use those vacation days to hunt other public land where you don't need to draw. There are a few places. Just depends how far you want to travel to go hunt. Amistad National Park is open to the public all season long for just $20 per year. Archery only.

Comment

Working...
                                X