Permits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permits

If a hunt says "1-4 people per application" and "12 permits" does this means as many as 48 hunters could show up on that hunt?

Thanks
    Last edited by Ungawa; 09-27-2017, 09:24 AM.

No, only 12 people will be drawn...

Comment

So, how does that work when some applications have different numbers of hunters on them and a draw of multiple applications may not equal 12 hunters? In sum case it may be more than 12 some cases less than 12. I guess the computer sorts all that out.

Comment

they keep drawing until the find a card with the right amout of people...

if they pull 10 permits and then pull a card with 3-4 people they will bypass that card until they pull one with only 2 people on it...to make 12 permits
        Last edited by yanta61; 09-27-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
          they keep drawing until the find a card with the right amout of people...

if they pull 10 permits and then pull a card with 3-4 people they will bypass that card until they pull one with only 2 people on it...to make 12 permits
          Man that kind of sucks for the people on the 3-4 card, but I guess you will never know, so it really does not matter. Thanks for the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
            Man that kind of sucks for the people on the 3-4 card, but I guess you will never know, so it really does not matter. Thanks for the answer.
            Yes...This is the only draw back of having multiple people on one card... But like you said you will never know...

Comment

I'll preface this with the statement that I'm not certain on this. But, I'm pretty sure (seems like it was explained to me by TPWD at one time) that they draw cards and stop when the number of permits is exceeded (the most you could exceed the desired number is by 3). So, if they want 20, and they have drawn 19 people, they draw 1 more card. If that card has 4 people on it, they accept 23.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                I'll preface this with the statement that I'm not certain on this. But, I'm pretty sure (seems like it was explained to me by TPWD at one time) that they draw cards and stop when the number of permits is exceeded (the most you could exceed the desired number is by 3). So, if they want 20, and they have drawn 19 people, they draw 1 more card. If that card has 4 people on it, they accept 23.
                From what I've heard, that stopped when they started the new system.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                  From what I've heard, that stopped when they started the new system.
                  This is correct, your odds are much better applying as a single, don't expect to get drawn with 4 names on your card under this new system. Online system needs an overhaul, odds are awful, preferece points should be worth more to increase your odds if you've been applying 20 d@mn years in the system and still can't draw a buck hunt

Comment

I'll accept the chance of a group application not getting picked because I would rather go on these hunts with my friends. I drew private lands antlerless McMullen County Ranch with my brother and he had way less points than me.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      This is correct, your odds are much better applying as a single, don't expect to get drawn with 4 names on your card under this new system. Online system needs an overhaul, odds are awful, preferece points should be worth more to increase your odds if you've been applying 20 d@mn years in the system and still can't draw a buck hunt
                      Yup that's right

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        x2

Comment

Working...
                        X