Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 F250 6.0 Won't Start p2285 HELP Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it were a leak I would think it would be a hot no start. With it not starting after sitting for a while I would be more willing to think it is the actual HPOP

Comment

I've heard of the harness that goes to the ICP sensor being just as much of a culprit as the sensor it self

Comment

Originally posted by Big O View Post
        I've cranked it for longer than that but just continues to do the same thing but if I spray starter fluid in the intake it will start until the starter fluid is used up then dies.

DO NOT ever use ether.

You will grenade your motor.

Comment

my 2006 got to where it would take 8 to ten sec to start then sometimes it wouldn't start at all for a while finally threw a code don't remember what the code . took to Ford place and they had to take off valve covers and replace some type of pressure things. I think it has two of them under each valve cover. now it starts with in three sec

Comment

Sorry about the starting issues and hope it's something simple and not expensive to fix.
            My last 6.0 was 7-8 years ago and I still get ragey when I read these posts and remember all the times mine had issues.

Comment

My guess would be the big pressure oil pump, or the Ecm valve. Pull the eco valve and clean it, if that doesn't do anything I would go with the high pressure oil pump. I have had both problems with my 05 6.0.

Comment

Hpop

Comment

Yeah I was thinking HPOP too but they usually come back around after a couple of hours of sitting don't they?

Comment

how long since last oil change? I have an '06 that did the same thing and they told me my oil was old; not a lot of miles on the oil just been in the engine a long time, they changed the oil and all was o.k. the injectors work on oil pressure and with the contaminated oil they weren't getting enough oil pressure to them.

Comment

Check the HPOP. They can be boogers on 6.0s. I've still got an 05 myself and I've replaced two of them in 130K.

Comment

Most likely a high pressure oil problem....could be the ICP. The ICP has to get 500psi from the HPOP for the injectors to fire. It is on the pass. side vale cover.
                        Also the IPR (pressure regulator) for high pressure oil could be the culprit. It is back by the turbo.

There are several reasons for low HPOP delivery. the oil rail has orings the go bad, (and dummy plugs) also the tube out of the HPOP has common oring failures.

You need to get a ScanGauge to see what your truck is doing to get a good diagnosis. Seems like it was $125 or so at local auto store.

You can google dieseltechron on youtube for some good explanations on how the 6.0 works.
                        Last edited by Philip-TX; 08-13-2017, 10:09 PM. Reason: kant tipe

Comment

Changed many of dummy plugs and under valve cover o-rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A sudden crank, no start situation on these motors is usually oil pressure related. The '05-'07 high pressure oil pump (hpop) were upgraded and fairly reliable compared to the notorious earlier 6.0 motors. The last time I had a crank, no start situation on my '06 6.0, it was the injector pressure regulator (IPR) valve. It regulates the oil pressure out of the hpop and into your injectors. The little screen that filters the oil coming into the ipr was damaged and some material was lodged in the valve causing too low oil pressure when cranking. Motor needs minimum of 500psi oil pressure to start. It looks like this and sits just below your turbo on the driver side. My valve was still good and all it needed was a rebuilt kit which consists of a new screen and a few o-rings.

--------------------------
                            Nombre, Shut up!
                            GO SPURS GO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                              Buy Chevrolet
                              Come on man, not on threads asking for help.

Comment

Not much experience with the 6.0, my 7.3 will act up if the oil gets too low. Also, had a problem with my HPOP...an internal seal would leak when the motor was off and the truck would do exactly like yours. On top of the HPOP is a plug and I could remove that and fill it with oil and the truck would start and run just fine. Best of luck

Comment

Working...
                                X