No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

negative I wasn't offended at all. It almost sounded like it was illegal to profit off of land owned by the city. what area do you hunt in? I usually camp on the weekends I am there at the beginning of area 4 on 2166. we should be there next weekend on the 14th. come have some beers

Comment

Hey Slick, wasn't that guy with another younger guy (like a nephew or something) at the time? I ran into him later in the day too. I wasn't really paying attention to the conversation earlier in the day about guiding (was too cold to think). Later when I talked to him he said he was a law enforcement officer (DPS maybe?). I think they were hunting way out there where 3 and 4 meet by the dam. Seemed like a nice guy.

Comment

I think so. I was out of it because it was cold all night and got no sleep then sat on the stand for hours. so when i woke up when he pulled up i was there physically not mentally. He did seem like good people. I just wonder if he is out there every weekend with people. If so i will just stay in my hole up i got set up instead of a new spot i got. dont want to get popped by a novice hunter with an itch to shoot anything!!

Comment

I was out in TBR last night headed towards that dam y'all are talking about, where three and four meet which is known as Whites Dam, and as I was driving along the fence line to get back there I noticed a trail marked with beer cans and soda cans adjacent to the huge field kinda towards the front of that field; any of you guys down in there? Or is it one of the Guided hunt spots?

Comment

none of us are back there. I just got an ATV last weekend. however I did hunt that field next to whites dam the second weekend of bow season. we were hunting for turkey and barked all morning. we couldn't get the turkey we heard behind us to come out. We did have several deer come out within shooting distance. I wasn't about to drag a deer all the way to the front so we let them walk. My buddy said that there was a few guys back there that literally hunt within sight of each other. that might be them

Comment

I've seen deer walk right across that field you're talking about. I never noticed any bottles or cans marking a trail. At least none on the right side of that field (with the dam at your back). Of course, it may be a new mark since I was out there a couple of week ago.
              Last edited by TxHunter721; 12-06-2013, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Anyone plan on being out at V in the morning? Temps in the teens...I plan on freezing my nutz off. Hopefully I will finally get a deer since it's coming down to the wire. Last couple times I've been out people have walked up on me...this better change tomorrow.

Comment

Heading to lease bit know the feeling of people walking up on me... I think Monday or Tuesday I was in my tree on the back fence line of V and two kids in blaze orange hats GUNLESS and BOWLESS came walking in from your(Yankee) spot towards me and got within about 20 yards before ever seeing me... Just stopped in their tracks and went back the way they cars... And of course this happened right at sundown so needless to say I didn't see anything moving... But good luck with the morning, hopefully that 10pointer steps out infront of ya!

Comment

Passed up on a nice doe last night... This morning was freezing cold and nothing came within distance. I guess I should have took a shot last night. Movement is really slowing, not much on the camera. I believe it's due to this cold weather. Anyone else having any luck?

Comment

Hey all. Long time listener, first time caller. Long story short, My family and I just moved here and my wife is really wanting to go hunting. I know there are only a handfull of days left in hunting season, so I'm kind of going out on a limb. I've done some reading and research on Twin Buttes, but I know there some information that I just don't have. I'm just not sure what that information is yet. So I guess what I'm asking is...Can you guys give me some tips or advice for the Twin Buttes, so that my wife can have a decent experience. Thanks in advance. -

Comment

basically just walk in and hunt. there are lots of deer in all areas. The only down fall noticed this year is there is alot of novice hunters in there this year that like to walk up on you so beware of that before you pop a shot. I will be in area IV this weekend.

Comment

thanks for the response. are there any areas in particular that i should check out or any areas that I should avoid? The wife and I will probably just be stalking, so trying to avoid areas where there are alot of hides set up or just popular areas with lots of people traffic.

Comment

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Unfortunately, there isn't an area out there that isn't either over ran with people or a spot you wouldn't be hunting on top of someone... IMO, this year has been the worst for solitude, either someone walks up on you while your in the blind, someone using your blind because it's unoccupied, or my personal favorite taking your s hit because your not around... Next year I think I'm gonna set up a blind to hunt over for thieves and moochers... Anyone caught stealing or mooching will receive a free arrow and broadhead in the calf and will be considered their stupid tax.
                            Last edited by JDVerfurth; 12-13-2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

HA sucks for them but Karma is a mother....But hopefully I can find some place to stalk or at least not get shot. Thanks for the advice though.

Comment

wow smh

Comment

Working...
                                X