Double Disk Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Disk Cooker

I had these two disk sitting on my officer floor for about 1 year. Several months ago I was at my desk looking very busy.......... looking at a Northern Tool booklet. They had a double gas cooker on sale and I had a $20 coupon.

So what the heck...

A Double Disk Cooker

I forgot the before pictures..

Cut about 2 inches of the disk off free hand and the end met up pretty good....Lucky

Still have to plug to bottom hole, add a brace to make it a litte more secure on the cooker, thinking about a lip around the entire thing??

So still in the works...

Looks great! What are you cooking first?

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
      Looks great! What are you cooking first?
      Breakfast... bacon on one side..hasbrowns on the other.. then eggs on the bacon side

Comment

That would be awesome to take camping!

Comment

Awesome idea. Keep it separate the through it all together when it's cooked. I like it

Comment

Awesome work. Can't wait to see the finish product.

Comment

Very cool, first I have seen.

I don't have a disk cooker yet, but I would do a lip around them and where the two connected, maybe even a bit higher so you could easily slide something from one side to the other.

Finish cooking something on the left side, slide it over to the right side to just stay warm, the raised lip at the joint would make sure nothing fell off

Comment

Very cool idea. I would make sure both discadas sit directly on both burners. I'd also add 2 horseshoes on each disc for easy pouring cause I'm sure that bad boy has a little weight. Gonna be great when doing chicken and beef fajitas and different flavors of hot wings.

Comment

Nice work..

Comment

how did you plug the bottom holes?

Comment

Great idea

Comment

Originally posted by jackh View Post
                        how did you plug the bottom holes?
                        Prob cut a piece of plate stock to fit the holes, welded it in, then sanded it down

Comment

Originally posted by PBFrijoles View Post
                          Very cool idea. I would make sure both discadas sit directly on both burners......
                          Agree. Looks like the center to center of the discs is a bit shorter than the burners. Will make for uneven heat on the discs.

Keep up the good work Stan. Love me some DIY forum!

Comment

Looks great! I've never seen that before.

Comment

Originally posted by PBFrijoles View Post
                              Prob cut a piece of plate stock to fit the holes, welded it in, then sanded it down
                              Yep.. that is what I will do.

I am also going to weld something on the bottom to make it more stable on the burner and raise it up a bit.

One person said the middle of the disk was off a little from the burners.
                              Already got that planned going to add a 1-2 inch strip of steel between them to make them line up better.

I am thinking of adding an edge all the way around... but since was a cutting disk the edge is pretty thin but will figure something out.

Comment

Working...
                              X