DIY road feeder build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY road feeder build

Have an old feed barrel and thinking about using flatbar with bolt on one side for the pivot. Have slide just under the funnel to stop corn. Will have a tension spring to bring back to the location. Have bar stick out far enough to where I can pull with rope, drop corn, release rope to stop corn. I have all the scrap to do it with and should have time to play with it since I am on call this weekend and cannot go hunting. Any other ideas besides a motor setup?

That seems like a pretty simple and effective idea. Just dump corn down the middle of the road vs spinning it.

How are you going to mount it?
    Post pics when you do it...

Comment

I am thinking about mounting a upside down "V" under the funnel to help disperse corn a little when its dropping. Mounting via 2" reciever, going o play with it this weekend and see how it ends up.

Comment

I made 1 of these for my 4 wheeler works great. And best of all it was free to make. Ill see if i can post pics when i get home.

Comment

Originally posted by SOTXBOWHUNTER View Post
          Ill see if i can post pics when i get home.
          Please do if you don't mind

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I made one like that a few years ago and hooked the rope to my mirror . That way i just had to push down on the rope and the spring would pull the it closed. If you mount it on the side of the truck you can select the dstance of the shot by which way you drive ,if you are set up on the side of the road
              Last edited by RLHoward; 11-14-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

very nice

Comment

I have used a tennis that had a rope throught it. The ball sits inside the bucket over the hole. The lower part was rigged with a bungee to a bracket under the bucket. Pull the rope and the corn flow out and the bungee pulls it tight to stop it. Worked pretty good on my four wheeler.

Comment

I like it was going to do the same thing with an x-large ammo box .

Comment

here's another way to make an easy and cheap one.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X