lets talk thermals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets talk thermals

Im in the market for a thermal and was wanting some feedback on the new line of ATN
    anyone have any knowledge of this?
    or can steer me in the right direction for one

I don't know anything except what I have read on here but the consensus on here is that ATN isn't very good due to poor customer service. I haven't bought from him yet but I would suggest getting in touch with Outdoorlegacy on here. You can pm him or there is a thread in other side of the ranch called 2020 night vision or something similar. He started it and his number is in the first post. It would probably be worth your time to read the 2019 and 2020 thread before making a decision.

Comment

Whats your budget and intended usage? Those two will be the best way to get you looking the right direction.

Comment

I bought 3 pairs several years ago rated *, **, and ***. Those are snowflakes . I tried to buy some thermals in Houston before our March ski trip and they were out! Went to Colorado and scored huge deals on stuff since it was the end of their season. I still wear that stuff today. I suspect WalMart or Academy has their thin silk thermals discounted right about now. They are lightweight and uber warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
          I bought 3 pairs several years ago rated *, **, and ***. Those are snowflakes . I tried to buy some thermals in Houston before our March ski trip and they were out! Went to Colorado and scored huge deals on stuff since it was the end of their season. I still wear that stuff today. I suspect WalMart or Academy has their thin silk thermals discounted right about now. They are lightweight and uber warm.
          I laughed at this. Pretty funny.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Coyotes mainly
              And a few hogs
              Price around 3 I guess

Comment

ATN is going to get a no from me. Product isn't reliable and for years their CS sucked.
                Flir is meh but discontinuing their civilian distribution so that's also a no.
                Pulsar is great. Wonderful customer service and a great product.

Comment

Stay away from ATN. Do a little digging on them and you’ll see why.
                  Pulsar is going to be your best bet in that price range.

Hit up Jason @Outdoor Legacy on here. He’s a sponsor and a jam up, honest guy that is great to do business with

Comment

Originally posted by bundyducks View Post
                    Im in the market for a thermal and was wanting some feedback on the new line of ATN

anyone have any knowledge of this?

or can steer me in the right direction for one
                    Maybe this might help you

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by bundyducks View Post
                      Coyotes mainly
                      And a few hogs
                      Price around 3 I guess
                      For coyotes id recommend a higher magnification unit. Hogs are somewhat more dependent on your terrain. For open fields magnification can be more beneficial, but tight wooded areas benefit from lower mag units.

Comment

I’d stay away from anything ATN!

Comment

Just purchased used from ebay:
                          Pulsar Helion XQ50F 4.1-16.4x42 Thermal Monocular

My first thermal, it is extremely impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
                            Just purchased used from ebay:
                            Pulsar Helion XQ50F 4.1-16.4x42 Thermal Monocular

My first thermal, it is extremely impressive.

What do you use a monocular for? Why not purchase a thermal scope?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              What do you use a monocular for? Why not purchase a thermal scope?
                              You get more for your money with a scanner. Allows you to use the monocular for scanning and navigation, then run a kill light on your rifle. Its actually a very effective way to hunt critters. If i didnt have a scanner id probably just buy a monocular to scan with with

Comment

Working...
                              X