X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    It’s not an expensive gun.
    Triggered!!!!!

You bet bud they dang near give em away in gumball machines.

Comment

Expense is relative. What isn’t expensive to this cat, may be the result of saving up for a long time for others.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
        Triggered!!!!!

You bet bud they dang near give em away in gumball machines.
        That model he has can be found for 730 on gun broker, a Tikka T3X is similar if not more on gunbroker. Now if it were the pro series you’d have a point, but the model he has is about like any Tikka or Remington rifle out there

Comment

Ive shot several Bergaras and know quite a few people that own them and haven't heard this issue yet. Might try a heavier 165-175 grain load. My 308 was picky on ammo and hated 150 but loves 165. Whats the barrel twist?

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
            Ive shot several Bergaras and know quite a few people that own them and haven't heard this issue yet. Might try a heavier 165-175 grain load. My 308 was picky on ammo and hated 150 but loves 165. Whats the barrel twist?

I've shot multiple loads of 150 grain, 165,168,175, and 180. I've covered my basis on ammo I can assure you. I checked all my mounts three times with two different torque wrenches. After awhile I cleaned it to remove any copper fouling, to ensure that was not the issue.

I shot it next to my buddies brand new B-14 Ridge .243. We both shot each other guns with different loads. His .243 grouped considerably better for both of us.
            Last edited by Arrowthreat; 02-18-2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
              That model he has can be found for 730 on gun broker, a Tikka T3X is similar if not more on gunbroker. Now if it were the pro series you’d have a point, but the model he has is about like any Tikka or Remington rifle out there
              Yes, I consider it to be in the same class as T3x. But you can buy a Tikka for about 100 bucks less in the blued version (which is what the Bergara is)

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                This......something doesn’t sound right.

I am shooting cheap Core Lokts, 150gr. I have gotten near the same results with Hornady American Whitetail 150gr.
                I’ve got the exact same gun. The only thing mine shoots around 1” is federal edge tlr in 175gr.. anything I shot that in the 150-165gr range would be 3-4” groups

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                  Yes, I consider it to be in the same class as T3x. But you can buy a Tikka for about 100 bucks less in the blued version (which is what the Bergara is)
                  Yeah I didn’t pay attention to whether it was blued or SS on the Tikkas.

Reading your comment before you quoted me, I would think maybe you just got an outlier and need to get with the CS department and see what they will do.

I haven’t gotten to shoot my Bergara yet, but I’m looking forward to it, as most reviews I’ve read have been good.

Comment

I'd contact them and let them know what's occurring. I'm interested in their response. Hoping they will want to make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                      I picked mine up recently for $650.

I see they have gone up since I purchased mine a couple weeks ago:

Last edited by Greenheadless; 02-18-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Bergara will take care of you. Theyre a good group of guys, and theyre focused on customer satisfaction. It sucks it came to this, but theyll make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                          I’ve got the exact same gun. The only thing mine shoots around 1” is federal edge tlr in 175gr.. anything I shot that in the 150-165gr range would be 3-4” groups
                          I took your advice and bought the TLR's. Those and the A max were the only ones that would shoot right at 1".

Comment

My first points of suggestion would be after currently owning 5 bergaras:

1) Unmount anything you have mounted. (scope, rails, rings, bipods)
                            2) Torque specs on action screws is 55in/lbs check that.
                            3) If you have put a muzzle device on it or a thread protector try removing it and shoot it with bare threads.
                            4) take notes of every load tried and these steps.
                            5) contact customer service. I had one of their rifles that did this to me and they fixed the rifle (forgot what they did) and had it back to me in 2 weeks.

Sorry you are going through this, but they are great rifles. Their customer service is great, and will work with you.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                              My first points of suggestion would be after currently owning 5 bergaras:

1) Unmount anything you have mounted. (scope, rails, rings, bipods)
                              2) Torque specs on action screws is 55in/lbs check that.
                              3) If you have put a muzzle device on it or a thread protector try removing it and shoot it with bare threads.
                              4) take notes of every load tried and these steps.
                              5) contact customer service. I had one of their rifles that did this to me and they fixed the rifle (forgot what they did) and had it back to me in 2 weeks.

Sorry you are going through this, but they are great rifles. Their customer service is great, and will work with you.
                              What does your rifle group now, and what did it group before?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                                What does your rifle group now, and what did it group before?
                                This was a 6.5cm HMR with the 22" barrel.

I tried different loads from the cheap remington corelokts to the $40 a box noslers. About 25 different factory loads. The best I could get was 1.25" now the thing shoots better than I do .5" when I am on with the Hornady American Gunner 140grains. I now use the gun in PRS matches and am 100% confident (when I do my part).

Comment

Working...
                                X