No announcement yet.

Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I got the Ebay special ozone generator. Not sure what to expect but the fan is annoying for sure. Makes a high pitch noise. You cant hear it from about 15 feet away but I feel like it will make me turn it off and on quite a bit. We will see if this gimmick works!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

BW, good luck with the ozone generator. You can probably switch out fans for a quieter one.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
        BW, good luck with the ozone generator. You can probably switch out fans for a quieter one.
        I probably will eventually.

Comment

Went for first time ever. I picked a few spots and was delighted to see hunter markings (not sure if that's a good thing or bad). I saw 2 does jumping at a distance. It really got my juices going. A few questions:
          I've heard/read that it's best to be up in trees....and I've read to hike away from everyone.

1. How the hell do yall carry a stand, plus archery, plus water/snacks, plus knifes and stuff in case you catch something........this all seems heavy as hell....just carrying my bow was tough (no strap)

2. How do yall keep track of location. My phone had zero service.

Comment

Also.....what does the Special designation road meaning on a SHNF maps. Those roads indicated in the table. Are those the only roads open? Can you drive on any of the roads shown on the map? Can you only park on the side of those roads? Can you park on any road?

Comment

Thanks in advance for all the answers......

Comment

Originally posted by Astrobeerman View Post
                Went for first time ever. I picked a few spots and was delighted to see hunter markings (not sure if that's a good thing or bad). I saw 2 does jumping at a distance. It really got my juices going. A few questions:
                I've heard/read that it's best to be up in trees....and I've read to hike away from everyone.

1. How the hell do yall carry a stand, plus archery, plus water/snacks, plus knifes and stuff in case you catch something........this all seems heavy as hell....just carrying my bow was tough (no strap)

I use the summit viper sd. Its lighter but still heavy. Plus i changed out the straps with a XOP system that has bigger straps and a belt strap. It really helps with the loading. But its sold out until 2019.

To track your location download onx maps. It will track with just your phone gps. No service needed. There are several other apps to use to track your location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also.....what does the Special designation road meaning on a SHNF maps. Those roads indicated in the table. Are those the only roads open? Can you drive on any of the roads shown on the map? Can you only park on the side of those roads? Can you park on any road?

I beleive those special roads are for atvs and motorized bikes.

Yes you can drive on any road shown on map. Most of those roads have gates closed in the off season. But by now they should be open. Obviosly if there is a closed gate, dont park in front of it.

You can park off any road on the side of the road near a gate. Just dont block any entrance.

It is pretty much park anywhere and go in anywhere. Just be aware of the no hunting zones which are at the camp sites. No hunting near private property. Dont park in private property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There will still be plenty of rds with gates still closed only some gates are ever open for public travel . Most of us follow the directions but if your feeling lucky cut one . Jj

Comment

Astro
                      1st get in shape walking ( not 2b mean), glad you able to get out. 2nd, what type stand ru packing? If hangon(easy just put in place that you can get to), take the 3 steps out when done(they're lighter that whole stands packn). If you have climber (I have 3), put padded carry straps on it. Get daypack ro carry your essential [snacks, knife, rope, flashlights and batteries water-depending how much you expect to drink] ration.
                      I have no issues with phone, but I carry a battery pak charger [c pic]. This may.seems like a lot, but it not. Climber attach backpack to it and you will hand hands free. Academy has a bow hauler $19.
                      If getting above ground....please please please get you a harness[ got harness clearance for $39 academy back January], battery pac 10,000mah at Frys to charge phone if needed and GoPros[3ea]
                      Be safe my brother of the arrowClick image for larger version

Name:	20181009_195424.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	24555879

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

The roads are marked FS-203a or some sort. They are open for driving, but there are some private rd in forest they are marked. Can park alongside these roads as long as you DO NOT block passageway. You can drive on these road as unless you come upon a berm(dirt mound blocking it).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Remember you can only keep a stand out there for 72 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                            Well I got the Ebay special ozone generator. Not sure what to expect but the fan is annoying for sure. Makes a high pitch noise. You cant hear it from about 15 feet away but I feel like it will make me turn it off and on quite a bit. We will see if this gimmick works!

Same senerio fan is anyone for sure

Comment

Really good stuff. Thanks everyone.

Comment

I dont know if the ozone is working or if its a dumb buck but him and another came from straight downwind to 20 yards and never acted funny. (Private land) I like the results so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X