NRA asks ATF to review bumpstocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post

And, yes, lots and lots of people in power are trying to take away guns. I'll name two currently in positions of power: Barbara Boxer and Nacy Pelosi.

I'm waiting.
    Don't forget Diane Feinstien ,she had a 200 page bill ready to go the day after Sandy Hook.

DJ

Comment

The 4th seems to be "infringed" all the time, so I'll go with that one.

It was a big deal because it was your right. I see. But really, the federal assault weapon ban wasn't a bid deal. Your safety, way of life, ability to earn a living, I could go on for days, was just fine without those toys.

It's a big deal now because you have been given something and feel theatened by the thought they might take it away.

Comment

Slippery slope.
        Once you let them start...they dont stop....
        perhaps some of you ****in forget how Government works....

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
          I’m good with it. I mean the military even uses 3 round burst. Why? Because you can’t hit **** when you can’t aim. That’s all the bump stocks do. I see nothing lost by getting rid of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          this is not accurate.
          Precision targeting is not the purpose of full auto - its accuracy by volume.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            this is not accurate.
            Precision targeting is not the purpose of full auto - its accuracy by volume.
            So really only useful for firing into large groups of things. People and hogs I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

It was a big deal because it was your right. I see. But really, the federal assault weapon ban wasn't a bid deal. Your safety, way of life, ability to earn a living, I could go on for days, was just fine without those toys.

It's a big deal now because you have been given something and feel theatened by the thought they might take it away.
              No. It was taken away and fought to get it back, now fighting to keep it from being taken away again. Just because you don't agree doesn't make you right. And before you respond about me thinking I'm right, read the Constitution.

Comment

As for the 4th, soooo much of that is due to the Patriot Act. The single most liberty grabbing piece of legislation ever perpetuated on the American Citizens. How did that happen? Impeccable timing with 9/11 and playing on the EMOTIONS of the citizens. Not unlike every crisis that arises, that is exactly what is trying to be played now. You seem to be a perfect example of playing on people's emotions. That, in itself, is tyranny in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  As for the 4th, soooo much of that is due to the Patriot Act. The single most liberty grabbing piece of legislation ever perpetuated on the American Citizens. How did that happen? Impeccable timing with 9/11 and playing on the EMOTIONS of the citizens. Not unlike every crisis that arises, that is exactly what is trying to be played now. You seem to be a perfect example of playing on people's emotions. That, in itself, is tyranny in my eyes.
                  Damb liberals wrote and then rammed that patriot act down our throats just like they did oanda care.
                  Since we have a GOP controlled Congress why don't we roll back the libtarded patriot act?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                    Damb liberals wrote and then rammed that patriot act down our throats just like they did oanda care.
                    Since we have a GOP controlled Congress why don't we roll back the libtarded patriot act?
                    Nice try. Both sides suck! Power over the people know no political lines.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Slippery slope.
                      Once you let them start...they dont stop....
                      perhaps some of you ****in forget how Government works....
                      Seriously. The D's aren't even hiding it any more. THEIR PARTY LEADERS ARE SAYING IT IN PRESS CONFERENCES. You would have to be willfully ignorant or just stupid to not see this proposed ban for what it is.

Comment

I noticed, you still didn't answer the question.

We were "given" nothing by our Gubmint. Gubmint offers nothing except protection in times of war. Because they wrongfully infringed everyone's Right then back-tracked doesn't mean we were "given" anything, Constitutionally speaking.

You are correct in that, the 4th Amendment is infringed regularly. Does that make it right? Does it make it okay to infringe other Rights? Absolutely NOT. Personally, I have been asked by LEO to search my truck numerous times at traffic stops and once at gun point. "Not without a warrant" is always my response. I have been detained for as long as 45 minutes because of it and it is WRONG. I don't drink, do drugs and I have never been arrested. That crap needs to stop and stop now.

You can go on for days about "toys" so, let's try this; you go to buy a new boat at my dealership. Say you want your boat to be blue. I don't have blue but I show you every other color. Maybe I even show you a smaller boat and tell you, "You really don't neeeeeed that twin engine bad a*s. This one with the 200 outboard will be fine for you." You would spin around and fast walk out of the lot. Am I correct? I know more people that have been killed in or by boats than I have killed by any gun.

Comment

But really, the federal assault weapon ban wasn't a bid deal. Your safety, way of life, ability to earn a living, I could go on for days, was just fine without those toys.
                          I think I understand where you are coming from but I don't think you have thought about it from this angle. You keep saying this and that are toys and we did just fine without them before. And to a degree you are correct BUT that is not the point. It is also not the point of the 2nd. Sure during times of peace they are toys and fun to go practice and/or play with. It is when there isn't peace that they are no longer just "toys". The 2nd was not written to ensure we always had access to "toys" during times of peace but to ensure we had access to "tools" in times of tyranny. Take a few minutes and really think about what all had transpired when our country was formed. What those men, women and children had gone through and then what their intent was when just a few short years later they wrote the bill of rights to ensure INDIVIDUAL liberties from a overreaching federal government. If we sacrifice individual liberties for the common good or collective security then we might as well go ahead and let the federal government run every aspect of our lives because I can guarantee you they won't stop there.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                            Don't forget Diane Feinstien ,she had a 200 page bill ready to go the day after Sandy Hook.

DJ

Same thing here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Time to ban high rise hotels. The snipers choice. Who needs more than one floor.

Comment

Most folks even on our side are ignorant about guns and their function and effectiveness.
                                Sit them down in front of a Jerry Michaluk video shooting a revolver and they'll swear it's fully automatic.
                                It'll be tough to find any sympathy for any device that lets us mere mortals shoot like him.

Comment

Working...
                                X