No announcement yet.

Why no open carry during bow season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't claim a second amendment right violation when you are able to carry a concealed handgun.

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
      I always pack heat....have CHL
      Same here BIG DOG!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
        I'll answer your question with another question...

Can you carry lead shotgun shells in your possession while you're duck hunting? No... IT'S THE LAW ~ YOUR LAND OR PUBLIC LAND!
        So I can carry my pistol during bow season as long as I use FMJ ammo

Your point makes no sense. I don't remember a darn thing in the Constitution about my right to bear lead shot. I can't carry a land mine while riding a bike either...this is fun...let's see how much more unrelated rediculousnes we can think of instead of answering a straightforward question about a law you apparently support.

How are whitetail deer any safer during bow season, as you contend, when my Second Amendment rights are suspended if I pick up a bow, yet I can walk to the same blind with a rifle and be perfectly legal? Is a guy who would shoot a deer with his pistol in bow season somehow not going to shoot a deer with his rifle if he is hog hunting in bow season and a monster walks out? C'mon brother, you seem to be totally on board with this law and it's benefits....help me see what I am missing.

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
          no i dont see where your going those are game restrictions they change all the time. they have nothing to do with the 2nd amendment.
          The law isn't about the 2nd amendment, it's about deer...

You can carry all you want as long as you're not bow hunting deer during archery only season.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk43 View Post
            You can't claim a second amendment right violation when you are able to carry a concealed handgun.
            Why not? I don't need a CHL to carry a handgun on my property 335 days per year but if I pick up my bow during archery deer I am a lawbreaker because TPWD presumes me to be unable to control the impulse to shoot a deer with my pistol. What makes a CHL holder less likely to be a poacher, the fact that they passed a background check?

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
              So I can carry my pistol during bow season as long as I use FMJ ammo

Your point makes no sense. I don't remember a darn thing in the Constitution about my right to bear lead shot. I can't carry a land mine while riding a bike either...this is fun...let's see how much more unrelated rediculousnes we can think of instead of answering a straightforward question about a law you apparently support.
              Ok, let's talk the 2nd amendment... Can you walk down the street in downtown Dallas with a .45 strapped to your hip? NOT concealed?

Comment

"It is unlawful to be in possession of a firearm while hunting with a broadhead HUNTING point during the Archery-Only season, except a person licensed to carry a concealed handgun in Texas may carry a concealed handgun"

TPWD

Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by coachk43 View Post
                  "It is unlawful to be in possession of a firearm while hunting with a broadhead HUNTING point during the Archery-Only season, except a person licensed to carry a concealed handgun in Texas may carry a concealed handgun"

TPWD

Am I missing something?
                  Crystal clear to me....

Comment

You can carry all you want as long as you're not bow hunting deer during archery only season.
                    Please oh please tell me how taking my pistol is helping the deer...I am freaking begging to hear a logical explanation of this.....why is it simply not good enough to be illegal for me to shoot deer with a pistol during archery season?

Comment

Originally posted by tubby View Post
                      why are there antler restrictions?
                      Why can we only take 1 or 2 bucks?
                      Why can we only take 3, 4 or 5 deer?
                      Why can we only take 4 turkey?
                      Why is there a limit on bass?
                      Why can't you spotlight deer?
                      Why can't you use a telephone crank for fish?

See where this is going?

If you look at it like you said "why are we punishing regular citizens for what criminals do", then you can look at everything that way...
                      [ATTACH]394250[/ATTACH][ATTACH]394251[/ATTACH]

nuf sead!!

Comment

i know what the law says.

this is just one of those laws they made that dont hold water. until someone spends the time and money to fight it it will stand. it does not mean it is right and any person who values their guns right should see it.

lots of government agency do that. their idea is they we will do what we want until someone proves them wrong.

Comment

Get a CHL and you can carry any time you please, in or out of bow season.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                            Please oh please tell me how taking my pistol is helping the deer...I am freaking begging to hear a logical explanation of this.....why is it simply not good enough to be illegal for me to shoot deer with a pistol during archery season?
                            You just answered your own question right there... It is illegal to shoot a deer with a pistol during archery season.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkS View Post
                              [ATTACH]394250[/ATTACH][ATTACH]394251[/ATTACH]

nuf sead!!
                              LOL!! yeah right!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X