Bowtech question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowtech question

My wife is shooting the heartbreaker the pounds is 30 to 40 my question is can I just buy limbs to make it a 40-50 # bow or what do i need to do. I got this bow because of the really great deal I got for it but she would like to go up in her bow weight just curious of what I can do.

Yes you can. About $200. But 35 pounds with a coc head is plenty. Witnessed it first hand last year.

Comment

Man I appreciate that she is trying just to shoot a lil further se is happy with the 40# but she is wanting to maybe go for elk sometime that's y she is wanting to go up

Comment

Its plenty for elk. The better she handles it the better vs. the extra poundage. COC broadhead and a good arrow...

Comment

Ok thank u sir for that info we use the Magnus stinger an the carbon express mayhem hot pursuit 150 she shoots it really well

Comment

Good advice from Ragin.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
              Ok thank u sir for that info we use the Magnus stinger an the carbon express mayhem hot pursuit 150 she shoots it really well
              Thats the same arrow and broadhead combo i saw slip thru a whitetail last year. It came off of a 34 pound heartbreaker.

Comment

My wife it's shooting a 40# Razor edge and slipped a Ramcat clean through her first buck last season at 26 yards with the same arrow setup y'all got!

Comment

Awesome guys thanks I'm showing all of this to her do she doesn't worry as much the pro shop told her she needs more weight if she wanted to hunt elk

Comment

Shot placement and range is all thats gonna matter. I wouldn't suggest shooting a bull at 50 yards though.

Comment

I'd try to keep her in the 30 yard max range for an elk. With the arrows n bh's listed above. Make sure it's a good shot placement and she's good to go.

Comment

Ok thanks guys much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                        X