Whats your Opinion on Kimber Long Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your Opinion on Kimber Long Guns

Does anyone have a opinion on the Kimber Long Guns, i have heard mixed feelings, some say accurate as advertised and other say the extraction and feed or not to be desired. Whats your exprince

Wish I still had my .243. I drilled a T-Post at 120 yards with it on several occasions. Super accurate....

Comment

ttt

Comment

I had a .308 that I bought at an NRA banquet. I tried six different brands of ammo and it would not shoot any of them well. Pretty gun, sorry shooter. I sold it.

Comment

There's better options imo

Comment

If you are going to get one then make sure it is from clackamas oregon...the older / original ones are generally much more accurate, better fitting & most certainly hold their value better.

Going to cost more, but better $$$$ spent...I have a 223 Super America & a 221 fireball. Really well made rifles.

Comment

Several years ago I was in the market for a large caliber rifle in the event that I would ever get the chance to go on a mountain elk or mulie hunt. I originally thought about getting a .338 Lapua but decided that I did not want to spend $4-5 per shot. So a little research led me to the .338 Federal caliber. Not a real long range gun, but looked interesting enough for me. There were only a few companies chambering that round in lightweight rifles and my information pointed me towards Kimber having the best stock design to tame the recoil in a lightweight rifle. My gun topped with a 2 - 8 x 36 Leopold optic only weighs about 6.5 pounds if I recall correctly.

The gun is quite accurate with several different factory weights and bullet types. I was fortunate to take an awesome Nilgai with it this January and it was a pleasure to carry during the several mile long stalk. One shot with 200 grain Federal Fusion dropped him where he stood.

So long story short, I can highly recommend the Kimber Montana 84M.

T

Comment

I have a Kimber Sonora in 25-06. It shoots tight groups. Bolt does fail to catch the live round once in a while if I have don't have a full mag. Nice rifle though.

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
                  Several years ago I was in the market for a large caliber rifle in the event that I would ever get the chance to go on a mountain elk or mulie hunt. I originally thought about getting a .338 Lapua but decided that I did not want to spend $4-5 per shot. So a little research led me to the .338 Federal caliber. Not a real long range gun, but looked interesting enough for me. There were only a few companies chambering that round in lightweight rifles and my information pointed me towards Kimber having the best stock design to tame the recoil in a lightweight rifle. My gun topped with a 2 - 8 x 36 Leopold optic only weighs about 6.5 pounds if I recall correctly.

The gun is quite accurate with several different factory weights and bullet types. I was fortunate to take an awesome Nilgai with it this January and it was a pleasure to carry during the several mile long stalk. One shot with 200 grain Federal Fusion dropped him where he stood.

So long story short, I can highly recommend the Kimber Montana 84M.

T

Not to detail the thread but was just looking at this caliber last night and half tempted to get one. have you killed any whitetail with it?

Comment

Had a 84 Varmint in 22-250. Nice gun, but was a reloaders nightmare. One of the most pickiest rifles I ever owned. Sold it. No mas Kimber.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                        Not to detail the thread but was just looking at this caliber last night and half tempted to get one. have you killed any whitetail with it?
                        Yes, I have shot wt and hogs with it. I usually use the 165 grain bullets on wt. Knocks them pretty good, usually DRT and leaves a good blood trail if not. I have it sighted in for a 200 yard zero in anticipation of longer shots on the Nilgai and feel good with a normal hold out to 250 or so. Most of my shots are within 150.

T

Comment

I had a sanora 8400 in a 25-06, shot great!!! Miss that gun

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
                            Yes, I have shot wt and hogs with it. I usually use the 165 grain bullets on wt. Knocks them pretty good, usually DRT and leaves a good blood trail if not. I have it sighted in for a 200 yard zero in anticipation of longer shots on the Nilgai and feel good with a normal hold out to 250 or so. Most of my shots are within 150.

T

I like the sound of this... I'm really tempted to get one just in case I get drawn for nilgai

Where are you finding the 165 gr? Closest thing I can find is the double tap with a Barnes in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have three Kimbers. Two Montana's and a heavy barrel Longmaster. All three shoot well for factory rifles.

Comment

Working...
                              X