14' Silverado Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14' Silverado Exhaust?

I'm currently running the factory exhaust and I'd like to add a little rumble to my 14' Silverado. I don't want to overdo it and if can add some MPGs, it's a plus.

Any recommendations?

You need more air in for the exhaust to do any good, other than rumble. That said, I found a single chamber flow master or the like with a decent air filter that may or may not have helped mpgs. Sounded good though.

Comment

I've started running borla mufflers on my past two silverado's...I prefer them over the flows.

Just enough rumble yet no drone inside the cabin

Comment

Single chamber Flowmaster will be louudddd.

Borla is good.

My favorite I've had so far was Corsa.

Comment

I had a single in dual out cherrybomb extreme on my 05 gmc with the 5.3. Sounded awesome. Thinking about doing away with the glasspacks and going back to two extremes since I true dualed mine

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
            Single chamber Flowmaster will be louudddd.

Borla is good.

My favorite I've had so far was Corsa.
            Oh it would scream at you if you stomped it, but normal driving wasn't bad.

Comment

Catless 3" y pipe into a single 4" dynomax bullet ought to do it.

Really though I like borla or magnaflow on a newer rig. Something about flows on anything newer than an f body or 4th gen mustang just seems kinda off.

Comment

My first thought when I read the thread title was "Really? A 14-foot long exhaust?"

Comment

Borla or corsa

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    My first thought when I read the thread title was "Really? A 14-foot long exhaust?"
                    If it's a crew cab it'll be pretty close lol

Comment

Would adding an exhaust require me to tune the motor? I don’t want sensors getting all out of wack.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerkat View Post
                        Would adding an exhaust require me to tune the motor? I don’t want sensors getting all out of wack.
                        No, these computers now learn on the go.

Weld it in and drive.

Comment

I wanted corsa for wives high country but ended up with MBRP because it was 1/2 the price. I put the kit on in the driveway by myself in about hour and half. This video is a near perfect representation.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzioTtw1KlY"]2014 GMC Denali Exhaust - MBRP - YouTube[/ame]

No tuning, bolted it on and got after it. You can hear it in the cab with the windows up. But its not enough to over power normal conversation.

Comment

Magna Flow with an "x" pipe. And as mentioned more air is needed. Also, a throttle body spacer would help too. Make it sound mean.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                              Magna Flow with an "x" pipe. And as mentioned more air is needed. Also, a throttle body spacer would help too. Make it sound mean.
                              No throttle body spacer. Ever. Please.

Comment

Working...
                              X