Anyone have USAA bank account or CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at switching to USAA insurance. Everyone I know with them has been very happy. Their bank/CC info looks good, no ATM fees anywhere and 1.5% back on all charges, but online review seemed mixed. Just curious who here uses them and if youre happy.

I have a c.f. and a debit. They reimbursed my account when someone in Chicago started using it. As for the cards themselves I don't really pay much attention to the details like I probably should

Comment

I have USAA insurance and a credit card, nothing special about it. They do periodically increase the limit without prompting from me. The rate and rewards are average. I have also tried to buy several new trucks through the bank side. Their rates were a minimum of 1.0% higher than pretty much everyone else I shopped. They did manage a better rate on a boat I bought however, but that was the lone exception to them being cheaper. The insurance side is quick to say they have no affiliation with the bank side and I know why.

As for insurance, the service is outstanding. I had a my truck broken into in San Antonio (USAA HQ) when I was down there for school. They said there was no way they were going to charge me my $500 deductible as a guest in their city. They secured my business for life, even though there are much cheaper options out there.

Comment

USAA and I are going through a divorce right now over the NFL. My last accounts will be closed at the end of the month. If you have a direct deposit of at lease $1000 a month they will give you a credit card with a 2.5% cash back, no annual fee or foreign transaction fee. I never had any issues with them in 18 years. They do reimburse $15 a month on ATM transaction fees and they allow you to deposit checks via the mobile app.

Comment

I've been with them since 1968 and I'm not sure if there is anything that could make me change. I do not use the banking service since I like to be able to go to my bank in person. The credit union I use (Randolph-Brooks) is just as accommodating and service-oriented as USAA.

As far as insurance, I'll pay them more if needed---their service is worth it. I've told this before, but in '98 when the big flood came down the Guadalupe River we had 11' of water in our home. I had a settlement check in my hands before many of my neighbors even saw an adjuster. It doesn't get much better than that IMO.

Comment

I have both insurance and banking with them

No complaints what so ever.

Comment

Meh.....

I have several accounts there....it's fairly trouble free except for a few bumps.

One auto loan they give me a great rate, then ther next they are sky high(like double) --- no real rhyme or reason to it.

Their customer service on the bank/AMEX side leaves a bit to be desired....

Recently they tried to tell me that the reason my Amex wasn't working at a 7/11 was because the merchant didn't accept Amex.

interestingly, I had walked inside and bought a coffee, candy bar and chips with it, then the card failed to work at the pump.

Then the story changed that they were trying to protect me by stopping what might have been a fraudulent transaction.....despite the fact that I always file a travel alert.

Yeah....you aren't protecting me but thanks for the fill-up on premium bull****.....

Comment

I had usaa insurance for over a decade and finally got rid of them. They had my home way over valued for years and would not reduce it, under the guise that rebuild cost more than new construction. Fair enough. The problem was when I got quotes from State Farm and whoever else, the total rebuild cost was about 15% higher. Usaa had it around 40% over what I could buy this house and lot for. I saved about $1400 a year with slightly better coverage getting away from usaa.

I also had a credit card, never made a late payment and they increased my interest rate twice with no notification. They’re crooks. I switched to a local State Farm agent who I can talk to without going through 75 verification steps to talk about my account with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                  USAA and I are going through a divorce right now over the NFL. My last accounts will be closed at the end of the month. If you have a direct deposit of at lease $1000 a month they will give you a credit card with a 2.5% cash back, no annual fee or foreign transaction fee. I never had any issues with them in 18 years. They do reimburse $15 a month on ATM transaction fees and they allow you to deposit checks via the mobile app.
                  Are they still supporting the NFL with advertising?

Comment

Been with them for banking and insurance since '97, and like others, our experience has been awesome and it would take a great deal for us to change.

The only two minor inconveniences I've experienced in those 20 years are their cc protection software is a little overbearing sometimes and denies transactions to prevent fraud. The second is that they don't insure some things like RVs and motorcycles. They've pushed me to an affiliate for those things (currently Progressive for my travel trailer).

Comment

Love me some USAA.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                        That would be a hard decision to quit USAA or for that matter any business on their advertising a t a Sports venue.

Comment

We had someone paying electric bill in phoenix out of our account. Happened for 3 consecutive months. They reimbursed however we never got an expansion at all on how it happened. After the third time we closed and went elsewhere. Of course they couldn't understand why.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                            Are they still supporting the NFL with advertising?
                            Yes. I spoke to the CEO's office and they do not plan on leaving the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                              That would be a hard decision to quit USAA or for that matter any business on their advertising a t a Sports venue.
                              The decision was not taken lightly. I am still in the process of decoupling.

Comment

Working...
                              X