• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice kill!!!

Comment

Nice pig

Comment

Congrats on the big boar. Your lack of penetration could be from poor arrow flight. When I watched the video, your arrow takes a nasty dive and that could cause poor penetration.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats, David!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
              Congrats on the big boar. Your lack of penetration could be from poor arrow flight. When I watched the video, your arrow takes a nasty dive and that could cause poor penetration.
              Yep,its tune now...Them new strings I built finally got 50 shots on them.

Comment

Awesome brother! And nice write up, David. congrats on the pork!

Comment

congrats

Comment

man that's a big pig!

Comment

good job DAVID

Comment

This Deer Season came with me needing a break from my freelance Heavy Metal Music reporting and enjoy what I truly love -Bowhunting .I haven't been able to land real employment for over a year now and I have plenty of time to bowhunt.In Oct,i spent 21 out of the 31 days in my groundblind,morning and afternoon .I videod alot of Legal shootin Bucks & critters. Even let a very good 10 pt walk on opening day.But it wasn't until Nov 1 a mature shooter- a high rack 8pt with the character rack I named -Hightower- showed up on my trailcam.My focus went entirely on this 1 Buck. On Friday Morning Nov. 4,we had the really 1st cold front come in and with 37* temps,I finally put on a jacket for warmth.Well,when I got in my groundblind ,I took my jacket and just draped it over my shoulders and hunkard down for daylight to come.At 9 am ,the Hightower 8pt showed up very alert to any noises in the very clam morning air.He heard me slide my fleece type jacket off and he run 20 yards ,stopped downwind blowing like mad, all while looking away out to a open field.He then came back around the feeder,and stood where I had no shot, just staring at the groundblind.I stayed as quiet i could,it felt like minutes,before he just turned and walked off.I felt Busted big time.This event happens at 1:00 in this video:
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnOpzcWK36M"]4 days of bowhunting.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
                        On Nov 5 -Saturday morning-Hightower showed up before there was enough daylight to see/video clearly at the feeder and left to tend to the 3 scrapes i can see from my groundblind. Saturday Night - He came in after dark according to the trailcam.Sunday morning ,he showed up before the feeder went off again & left to tend the scrapes.Sunday Nov 6,it was windy all the way up til there was no light to video ,so I decided to get out of the groundblind .As I walked out into the open pasture towards my 4wheelerchair.There he was just watching me from 80 yards off at another scrape.He let 1 blow and disappeared into the dark woods.
                        Monday morning Nov 7 -I had many deer showing up at the feeder,but it hadn't gone off yet-I changed the feed times for the time change,but didn't tell the deer. .After it went off,nothin but the lonely little nubbin bucks came in. Folks,these bucks were kicked out of the doe group just couple days ago and they are kinda lost on their own.I have watched and videoed these deer enough to know . They even stood there as I unzipped the door when I was ready to exit the blind .They don't have a clue.
                        Monday afternoon,I was waiting for the feeder to go off when I heard something walking right beside my groundblind.It sounded big and I could see its movement shadows thru the closed zippers on my Ameristep Brickhouse blind,it was 1 of the little nubbies,he walked inches from me and never knew I was there.30 minutes after the feeder went off,at almost 5pm.Hightower came in and took over the feeder from the nubbies.I felt bad for them ,so I unloaded the Bowwiz Effect on Hightower 8 like I said I was gonna do..
                        Here's the video:
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfXyG21iXj0"]8pt kill - YouTube[/ame]
                        My deer season is now over cause I can only kill 1 deer where i hunt,but I will continue to go sit and video deer and bowhunt hogs if they ever start coming in a daylight hours again.

Attached Files

Comment

Great deer and video David.

The video shows a great example of how quick a deer is jumping the string even with a faster bow like the Guardian. Great shot ... even with his duck...Congrats!

BTW did you find your arrow?... It looks like it hit the feeder leg after passthrough and went off into the great trashcan in the sky..lol..
                          Last edited by Smart; 11-10-2011, 12:08 PM.

Comment

VERY Nice buck David! Excellent videos.

J.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Great deer and video David.

The video shows a great example of how quick a deer is jumping the string even with a faster bow like the Guardian. Great shot ... even with his duck...Congrats!

BTW did you find your arrow?... It looks like it hit the feeder leg after passthrough and went off into the great trashcan in the sky..lol..
                              Great eye Jason,the arrow broke and the broadhead apparently exploded into small pieces cause I ain't found it yet-I looked yesterday and seen blood on the tpost that I missed Monday night.I did find my nockturnal after the shot when it got dark,it was 10 yards from my groundblind and ok...I shot the buck at 17 yards,thats how far it is to my feeder,least I did recover $8 out of the $30 arrow..
                              Last edited by Bowwiz; 11-10-2011, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Great buck. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X