Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for Nightforce

Comment

sightron SIII. best combination of glass and repeatability at almost any price.....

Comment

Vortex is on the same level as the high end but much less expensive

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
          Having owed all the above mentioned scopes as well as Vortex, I’m gonna have to strongly disagree with you on this one as far as quality of glass is concerned.

Comment

Which Vortex model are you comparing? I do have this years model Vortex Razor spotting scope and it is nice for the price. In a real world comparison , it still lags behind my Carl Zeiss Victory spotting scope. Low light conditions will usually be the killer for less expensive optics.

I have no experience with Vortex turrets or tracking so I can’t reply on that part.
            Last edited by Radar; 12-02-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              For clarity and light gathering Swarovski, Leica or Zeiss. For ruggedness and precision Nightforce. Nightforce optics are not great and Swarovski, Leica, zeiss turrets system and tracking (clicks are mushy)are not great. Maybe look at a Leupold mk4 or vx6 . Of course this is just my opinion.

Kahles and some Sig are highly rated but I have no experience with them.
              Agreed. Except the mark 4 glass sucks.

Come on man.

OP, used is the way to go. As has been said, swaro and lieca are best glass but both have awful turrets. Same with zeiss.

The only vortex I'd recommend is the gen 2 razor. You can get close to your price for one pretty often. VX6 is good. Vx6 HD is good. Nightforce NXS is good but glass isn't as good as the others on that level. Nightforce ATACR can be had for your price used in SFP. Good glass and bulletproof. Stay away from Steiner, low end vortex, bushnell, sightron, Burris, Nikon, zeiss conquest(older ones) turret issues with the Zeiss. Those all have sub par glass and or turrets and reticle options for the money.

I'm far from a pro but I've used a LOT of difference optics and will help you find a deal if you'd like.

Comment

I'd stay away from the SHV as the optics and turrets aren't too great BUT it's a good option for 8-$900 if you're on a tight budget.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  I'd stay away from the SHV as the optics and turrets aren't too great BUT it's a good option for 8-$900 if you're on a tight budget.
                  I would use a SHV but I might spend a little extra and get the VX5 or 6

Comment

Schmidt & Bender........

Comment

I think OP said he was looking for a light weight scope, the vortex Razor Gen 2 is just over 3pounds... I run this scope on my 6.5 tikka Tak A1 and it is a fantastic scope. The turrets are awesome, zero stop, lit ret, rotation indicator and holds zero perfectly. However i would not run this on my hunting rig because of the weight unless i was sitting in a blind.

Now the vortex Viper Gen 2 might be worth a look !

Comment

LMAO!

vx6hd should work for you op.

Comment

Best Hunting Scope for around $1,500

This is absolutely FALSE.

Unless you are talking about the Razor Gen 2 and it’s just as expensive as the others so......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Last edited by Mike D; 12-02-2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I’ll go against the grain here and recommend a huskemaw. I have 2 and love them both. Good glass, great customer service and I really like the turret and it has a good zero. Have one on a 7 RUM for about 4-5 years. It’s been to Colorado multiple times and tossed around and beat up. Still just as crisp as the day it was bought. Look into them

Comment

The ATACR gets my vote. Worth the extra coin for a quality scope.

That being said if it’s going on a go to rifle it’s worth it. If not a go to rifle then you are wasting money while it sits in the safe and in that case a NXS will do everything you want.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore2006 View Post
                                I’ll go against the grain here and recommend a huskemaw. I have 2 and love them both. Good glass, great customer service and I really like the turret and it has a good zero. Have one on a 7 RUM for about 4-5 years. It’s been to Colorado multiple times and tossed around and beat up. Still just as crisp as the day it was bought. Look into them
                                Huskemaw is the one I wonder about.
                                They have a tv show to sell them, but I never (hardly ever) read about people who have one.

Comment

Working...
                                X