Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2019, 03:47 PM   #1
hightech
Ten Point
 
hightech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Colony
Default 2nd Ammendment supporters had more affect than they anticipated

We usually park in their lot and pass through when going to the local mall with the wife..

Here is a pic of Dicks Sporting Goods hunting department.


Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
hightech is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 03:50 PM   #2
kcmarullo
Ten Point
 
kcmarullo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Danbury Tx
Hunt In: South Tx, Oklahoma
Default

Ha Ha !
kcmarullo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 03:51 PM   #3
kurt68
Ten Point
 
kurt68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Hunt In: Waller Co. and Rocksprings and "H"
Default

kurt68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 04:02 PM   #4
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

That's how they want it to look
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 04:07 PM   #5
meltingfeather
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: austin
Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily
Default

Not sure what the win is here.
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 04:18 PM   #6
bowaddict40
Ten Point
 
bowaddict40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Hunt In: Navarro County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
Not sure what the win is here.

Me either. Didnt they say they where getting rid of their guns anyway?
bowaddict40 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 04:25 PM   #7
pilar
Ten Point
 
pilar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
Not sure what the win is here.
Fools
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 04:30 PM   #8
hightech
Ten Point
 
hightech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Colony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowaddict40 View Post
Me either. Didnt they say they where getting rid of their guns anyway?
Seriously...



https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...t-yea-n2544011

https://www.racked.com/2018/5/10/173...control-debate
hightech is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 04:34 PM   #9
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
That's how they want it to look
Yep, it is a business choice that they made. It was based on school shootings and terrorism per the founder and CEO. The brand was not very strong in most southern states even from Day 1.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 04:37 PM   #10
bowaddict40
Ten Point
 
bowaddict40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Hunt In: Navarro County
Default


I knew about the AR's. I thought they decided to quite selling other guns as well. I didnt realize it was manufacturers refusing to sell to them. That is greatness.

I never shopped there anyway. Even their sale prices were higher than others normal prices.
bowaddict40 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #11
35remington
Pope & Young
 
35remington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Wilco
Hunt In: the dark
Default

*Effect
35remington is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #12
bakin7005
Ten Point
 
bakin7005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: North Richland Hills
Hunt In: Oklahoma / San Saba Co.
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
*Effect
Yep....verb vs. noun....
Nice contribution.
bakin7005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 05:48 PM   #13
hntndawg
Ten Point
 
hntndawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kendalia
Hunt In: Kendall and LaSalle/Webb counties
Default

I was in one of the SA stores late last week and hunting dept was packed with inventory including guns...that store not get the memo?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
hntndawg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 05:51 PM   #14
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

1.7% of revenue.

They're doing just fine without guns.
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 06:03 PM   #15
coker737
Ten Point
 
coker737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Hunt In: My KB Ranch. Rocksprings, TX
Default

Amazon Prime
Never Darken Their Door
coker737 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 06:31 PM   #16
Bruiser
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austin, Tx
Default

they dont want ur business
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 07:07 PM   #17
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young
 
lovemylegacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mauriceville
Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
they dont want ur business
They wont get it
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 10:01 PM   #18
smokeless
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rockdale
Hunt In: Llano
Default

Never liked the place anyway. I’m still pizzed that sportsmen’s picked up and moved out.
smokeless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 08:20 AM   #19
hightech
Ten Point
 
hightech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Colony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
*Effect
I missed school that day.

Sure glad you are around to correct it...




Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
hightech is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 08:30 AM   #20
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

How many of the boycotters vacation in Mexico?

Just curious...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 09:23 AM   #21
donpablo
Ten Point
 
donpablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Odessa
Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
How many of the boycotters vacation in Mexico?

Just curious...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Do you boycott all countries with no right to bear arms?
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #22
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
Do you boycott all countries with no right to bear arms?
Do you boycot California?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 09:45 AM   #23
BrianL
Pope & Young
 
BrianL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Paris
Hunt In: Lamar and Dickens
Default

I doubt it will really affect them much. Amazon is a MUCH larger risk to their survival than gun sales.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 09:48 AM   #24
Arrowslinger1
Ten Point
 
Arrowslinger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wills Point Tx
Hunt In: Rotan tx, Coleman ok
Default

I wonder how much that last scope is in the counter!
Arrowslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #25
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Walked into one once, saw some of the prices and walked out.....

Gander Mountain also...not surprised they went under
MacDaddy67 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #26
donpablo
Ten Point
 
donpablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Odessa
Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Do you boycot California?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I do. I'm considering breaking that ban for a blacktail hunt but am still on the fence about it. I'd rather do Oregon or Washington but my buddy's got family in Cali that can put us on one so I'm on the fence. It'll be a good while before I could put a blacktail trip together anyhow so I have time to mull it over. But you never answered my question.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 10:30 AM   #27
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
I do. I'm considering breaking that ban for a blacktail hunt but am still on the fence about it. I'd rather do Oregon or Washington but my buddy's got family in Cali that can put us on one so I'm on the fence. It'll be a good while before I could put a blacktail trip together anyhow so I have time to mull it over. But you never answered my question.
I have only been to Mexico and Canada. Haven't actually boycotted either.

My question was due to the thread on the safety of Mexico. Lots of TBHers vacationing there. Many of which boycott establishments that don't allow or sell guns. I just think it's odd to "not spend money" in those establishments or California but then spend thousands in Mexico.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 10:34 AM   #28
Arrowthreat
Eight Point
 
Arrowthreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Whitewright, TX
Hunt In: Bryan Co. OK
Default

It sucks Dicks Made the decision to get political. I've bought a decent amount of guns from them on their black friday deals.
Arrowthreat is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #29
35remington
Pope & Young
 
35remington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Wilco
Hunt In: the dark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightech View Post
I missed school that day.

Sure glad you are around to correct it...
You are so welcome, sweetie.
35remington is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 10:45 AM   #30
dclifton
Pope & Young
 
dclifton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lindale Tx
Hunt In: Lindale Tx, Crowell Tx, pearsall Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
1.7% of revenue.

They're doing just fine without guns.
Kinda what i was thinking. Hard to imagine 150mil only being 1.7% of your annual revenue stream.
dclifton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 10:51 AM   #31
donpablo
Ten Point
 
donpablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Odessa
Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
I have only been to Mexico and Canada. Haven't actually boycotted either.

My question was due to the thread on the safety of Mexico. Lots of TBHers vacationing there. Many of which boycott establishments that don't allow or sell guns. I just think it's odd to "not spend money" in those establishments or California but then spend thousands in Mexico.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I get where you're coming from but the list of countries with a right to bear arms is a short one. It'd make it hard to leave the country. We should also shame people who want to go hunt New Zealand since they're banning Assault Rifles. I'm all for boycotting as a means to stand up for your principles but I also understand that it's hard to boycott every business, city, state, country that disagrees with those principles.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 11:06 AM   #32
BrianL
Pope & Young
 
BrianL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Paris
Hunt In: Lamar and Dickens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclifton View Post
Kinda what i was thinking. Hard to imagine 150mil only being 1.7% of your annual revenue stream.
And will actually may be less than that, because that inventory space will be replaced with other inventory that could have a similar profit margin... After all selling guns at big box prices and the regs that come with it aren't that great.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 11:11 AM   #33
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
I get where you're coming from but the list of countries with a right to bear arms is a short one. It'd make it hard to leave the country. We should also shame people who want to go hunt New Zealand since they're banning Assault Rifles. I'm all for boycotting as a means to stand up for your principles but I also understand that it's hard to boycott every business, city, state, country that disagrees with those principles.
It's not only that. The whole illegals and border crisis situation. Most other countries leaders do not tell their citizens they have a right to live in the US and that they should go there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 11:27 AM   #34
kcnatural
Six Point
 
kcnatural's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Goldthwaite
Hunt In: Mills CO.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowthreat View Post
It sucks Dicks Made the decision to get political. I've bought a decent amount of guns from them on their black friday deals.
kcnatural is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 11:53 AM   #35
captainsling
Pope & Young
 
captainsling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Katy
Hunt In: Dilley, Texas
Default

They are doing this in about 10% of their stores that under perform in that category. Didn't figure any would be in Texas though. I guess that area has more soccer moms than outdoor dads.
captainsling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 11:59 AM   #36
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowaddict40 View Post
I knew about the AR's. I thought they decided to quite selling other guns as well. I didnt realize it was manufacturers refusing to sell to them. That is greatness.

I never shopped there anyway. Even their sale prices were higher than others normal prices.
* quit
Not quite selling
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 12:11 PM   #37
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cypress, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hntndawg View Post
I was in one of the SA stores late last week and hunting dept was packed with inventory including guns...that store not get the memo?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
They haven't quit selling guns.. the media doesn't always give all of the truth... ****'s stopped selling ARs after Sandyhook.. they pulled ARs from their other store "field and stream" after the florida school shooting.
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 12:12 PM   #38
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Brick and mortar retail is a crazy environment right now. Dropping like flies.
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 01:32 PM   #39
donpablo
Ten Point
 
donpablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Odessa
Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
It's not only that. The whole illegals and border crisis situation. Most other countries leaders do not tell their citizens they have a right to live in the US and that they should go there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
OK, I can see your point that in addition to Mexico not recognizing a right to bear arms there are other reasons you think people should boycott. So for those who are gungho 2nd amendment advocates, should they boycott New Zealand for banning ARs? Should they boycott other countries who do not recognize a right to bear arms?
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2019, 10:43 AM   #40
hightech
Ten Point
 
hightech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Colony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
You are so welcome, sweetie.
Dckwad..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
hightech is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2019, 11:14 AM   #41
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
They haven't quit selling guns.. the media doesn't always give all of the truth... ****'s stopped selling ARs after Sandyhook.. they pulled ARs from their other store "field and stream" after the florida school shooting.
U r correcto!!! That was exactly what he discussed on the TV show.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2019, 11:19 AM   #42
bowaddict40
Ten Point
 
bowaddict40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Hunt In: Navarro County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
* quit
Not quite selling

My fingers get ahead of my brain sometimes. Thanks for being the spelling police though. It was a great addition to this thread.
bowaddict40 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2019, 11:33 AM   #43
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
OK, I can see your point that in addition to Mexico not recognizing a right to bear arms there are other reasons you think people should boycott. So for those who are gungho 2nd amendment advocates, should they boycott New Zealand for banning ARs? Should they boycott other countries who do not recognize a right to bear arms?
I think the terminology is off. I'm not going to boycott all things Mexico. I'm still drinking tequila and Dos Equis. I'm just not going to spend thousands vacationing there. Plenty of place to go here in the states.

Plus you keep saying me. I'm not the guy that will not go in an establishment that does not allow guns nor boycott a store based on the choices they make on what items to sell. My whole point was about hippocrits that do this yet spend thousands vacationing in Mexico.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-23-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2019, 11:52 AM   #44
Capp35
Ten Point
 
Capp35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cypress, Tx
Hunt In: Menard & Milam county
Default

"Dicks" That says it all in one word.
Capp35 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2019, 12:03 PM   #45
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manvel, TX
Hunt In: Open to Offers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowthreat View Post
It sucks Dicks Made the decision to get political. I've bought a decent amount of guns from them on their black friday deals.
Yes, it appears that they do.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2019, 06:13 PM   #46
GA Bowhunter
Six Point
 
GA Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Watkinsville, GA
Hunt In: Tree/blind/ground
Default

It amazes me how many of you guys love Dicks.
GA Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #47
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manvel, TX
Hunt In: Open to Offers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
It amazes me how many of you guys love Dicks.
LOL

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com