Valet wrecked my truck. Info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valet wrecked my truck. Info needed

I took my wife to a nice hotel in San Antonio. Omni Mokara. For an overnight stay without our daughter. Just a relaxing fun weekend. The room wasn’t cheap at $760 for the package. We arrived yesterday at 230-245pm. Valet took my truck as requested and was included in our package. And I took possession of it again at this morning between 10 and 11 AM. The valet driver motioned me over and showed me where he admitted he hit something as he was pulling it out of their garage. I was nice to him. His manager came over and we spoke. I was nice to him as well and asked how they planned to fix it.

He responds with his boss will need to check the surveillance video to verify who was at fault and then proceed from there. I reminded him that his driver admitted fault. He acknowledged. I am sure they have a procedure they must follow but I did not like hearing the “if” part. I was nice the entire time but on the inside I was furious. I bought the truck new in November. It only has 12k miles on it.

So I have a few questions.

Besides the obvious 100% repairs. Paint. New rim. Everything back to 100%. What else should I expect? I had no issue booking that expensive room. It was a great weekend until then. 1 night at $760. Should I expect to not pay that? (In my mind I don’t think I should simply for the hassle of getting the repairs done and time lost)

My biggest issue is the value depreciation. It’s going to flag body repairs when I do decide to sell it. I’m NOT happy about that. I love the truck and it ticks me off to no end that such a high dollar place did this. I appreciate any feedback. See the pictures below. Taken in front of their building before I took possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they check the video while you were there?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
      Did they check the video while you were there?
      No. He said his supervisor needs to do so. I got both of their names and info and made sure all of that was on camera.

Comment

Sounds like you are handling it well. Its always best to remain calm. I think it would be easiest to ask for the room fee to be refunded. You could ask for them to pay for your down time without the truck if you use it for a living, but they will probably have more incentive to just refund your room. Be nice, but stay on top of them and it will all work out.

Oh and you will be taking your truck to whomever you wish to repair it, no matter the cost. Dont settle on their recommended budget body shop.
        Last edited by CentexRancher; 05-19-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

That stinks, Matt. It sure wouldn't hurt to ask to be comped for the room cost too. All they can say is no. When you deal with their insurance company, they need to pay for the repairs as well as rent you a comparable truck during the repairs.

Comment

Get it fixed, give them a detailed invoice for the repairs, get paid for repairs. Keep in out of the insurance company's hands. The end.

Mistakes happen, no sense in making a big deal out of it.

Comment

I will be nice unless they fight it. Accidents happen. I get it. And he pointed it out and admitted fault. The kid has my respect for that. And I REALLY appreciate it. Screaming at them won’t work for anyone.

I’m really curious about the depreciation of value on the truck. THAT is the part that makes me steaming mad. I’m proud of my truck. I work hard for what I have. And I take care of it. To take a hit on it at no fault of my own is not giving me a good feeling.

Comment

I'm guessing you will be paying for the room...
                Last edited by oktx; 05-19-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  I guessing you will be paying for the room...
                  ?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    I took my wife to a nice hotel in San Antonio. Omni Mokara. For an overnight stay without our daughter. Just a relaxing fun weekend. The room wasn’t cheap at $760 for the package. We arrived yesterday at 230-245pm. Valet took my truck as requested and was included in our package. And I took possession of it again at this morning between 10 and 11 AM. The valet driver motioned me over and showed me where he admitted he hit something as he was pulling it out of their garage. I was nice to him. His manager came over and we spoke. I was nice to him as well and asked how they planned to fix it.

He responds with his boss will need to check the surveillance video to verify who was at fault and then proceed from there. I reminded him that his driver admitted fault. He acknowledged. I am sure they have a procedure they must follow but I did not like hearing the “if” part. I was nice the entire time but on the inside I was furious. I bought the truck new in November. It only has 12k miles on it.

So I have a few questions.

Besides the obvious 100% repairs. Paint. New rim. Everything back to 100%. What else should I expect? I had no issue booking that expensive room. It was a great weekend until then. 1 night at $760. Should I expect to not pay that? (In my mind I don’t think I should simply for the hassle of getting the repairs done and time lost)

My biggest issue is the value depreciation. It’s going to flag body repairs when I do decide to sell it. I’m NOT happy about that. I love the truck and it ticks me off to no end that such a high dollar place did this. I appreciate any feedback. See the pictures below. Taken in front of their building before I took possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    This

Comment

This
                      Yeah. I’m not tracking what you’re saying lol. Maybe you meant to say WONT be paying for the room?

Comment

Texas is a diminished value state. Not only are they responsible for the repairs, they are responsible for the loss of value. Before it is repaired take it to a few dealers and ask for a trade in value as is. Then, ask what they would offer pre damage. Thatll give you ballpark of what to ask for in diminished value.

My ‘18 ram was hit in Austin in march. They were at fault (dash cam proven, get one) allstate paid for repairs and wrote me a check for $1900.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          Yeah. I’m not tracking what you’re saying lol. Maybe you meant to say WONT be paying for the room?
                          I think you WILL have to pay for the room. You can ask, but.

Comment

They should make it right; however, I would let your insurance deal with the repair procedure and the insurance company will settle with Omni.

Having said that, $760 for 1 night better have come with a spa/massage package, Dinner for two and unlimited drinks and a Bedait in the bathroom

Comment

I think you WILL have to pay for the room. You can ask, but.
                              10-4. We will see how that goes. Main focus is the truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X