Workout help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workout help....

I turn 40 this week and need to get back on track. I cant stay consistent, keep getting hurt and cant keep a partner so I loose focus. Anybody in southern dallas area or ellis county looking for a project???

Im 5' 10" about 210. Bad tennis elbow on left arm and developing it in my right arm. Bad knees and ankles, thank you USMC... and ready for a change. Probably gonna try to stop dipping at the same time!!!

LRose you need to join me on this quest, Hart8 PM sent.

Lots of protein will help with your bad joints.
    Good luck. I need to get back into it too.

Comment

You need to drink plenty of water and go to the chiropractor till the inflammation is under control. Atleast once a week. It took me about 5 weeks in a row. Top 5 vertebra in your neck control your upper extremities. If they are misaligned then you'll have problems like what you're having. Chiropractor will get this in check. Anti inflamatories help a lot. Advil, Ibuprofen, flanax, naproxen will work good. I'm 42 and dealt with the same issues with my elbows for years. This is exactly what fixed all of my problems. Hopefully my experience will help.

Comment

Fish oil & glucosamine chondroitin and get on a bike. Your joints won't take the pounding like they would in other exercises.

Comment

Yep start taking lots of fish oil, your weight you can take about 6 pills a day. Stay regular with that and it will start to help the joints, and it will help cut some body fat too.

Comment

Just start by walking everyday. Go as far as you can and as fast as you can.

Comment

Tried fish oil. Just gave me the funky burps!!!

Comment

What kind of workout have you been doing? North of 40 the body just can't handle what was a piece of cake even 10 years earlier.

LWD

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
                  Lots of protein will help with your bad joints.
                  Good luck. I need to get back into it too.
                  I'm getting bad joints. What kind of proteins.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                    Tried fish oil. Just gave me the funky burps!!!
                    They have versions that you don't burp the fish scent as much. Just costs more.

Comment

A couple cinnamon pills a day will help with the fish burps.

Comment

Get a bike and start riding. It is low impact on the joints.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                          I'm getting bad joints. What kind of proteins.
                          Any kind. Protein is protein. The difference between lean and whey is all the extra added stuff in it or (lean) the lack of it.
                          Your joints have a fluid in between the bones and joints called synovial fluid that is made of cartilage and proteins. When people deprive their bodies of the proper amount of protein that it needs, their joints are usually the 1st thing that suffers. "Body aches" & "pains"

When I'm "watching what I eat" and I diet right, I usually take in about 200-250 grams of protein a day. That is what my body is supposed to have, and it is extremely hard to take in that much protein in a day, even for a person that loves to eat. I'm saying all that just to say that people usually don't take in enough protein wether they think they do or not.

Comment

I'm only 25..but I played college fball for 3 years an had 2 shoulder surgeries..I think physical fitness will only help with your joint problems..I do some personal training on the side an work with clients in the same position as you..chiropractor an fish oil will definitely help..and ample amounts of water. Think of it as you can't drink to much water..people don't realize what percentage of the Human body is made up of water and everything it does for muscles and joins. hydrolyzed protein will also help..optimum nutrition makes the best imo..it's solid protein and not a lot of fats an sugars that you will find in a lot of them..I would start out slow and do lots of stretch band exercises and body weight exercises specific to strengthening those smaller muscles around the joints before trying to lift actual weights..as far as cardio I would ride a bike or walk on the treadmill or row machine to start..jogging on concrete will not help with that joint pain..don't try to do to much to soon..it's a journey..I learned that the hard way which led to shoulder surgery #2..when I finally got back to where I could start bow hunting I could only pull 50lbs..now I have 1 set up at 80# with no problems. If you need supplement advice or specific exercises to do pm me and I can help

Comment

Last winter we were doing 5x5 then my partners faded away so I started running and doing calisthenics. (daily 7). Then in late August I got heat exhaustion and havent touched anything since....

I would like to join a group to do "something", my cousin teaches cross fit but he says it wouldnt be good for my elbows and knees. Im thinking high rep/low weight with lots of cardio via bike/stairs/running but would like to get some daily guidance from a new partner(s) but cant afford a trainer and need to break old habits.

Comment

Working...
                              X