Colorado Trip 2014 - An adventure to remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Trip 2014 - An adventure to remember

Goin to try to sum up our trip as short as possible. We were outside of Durango, Colorado looking for Mule Deer and Elk. This is most certainly a week we will never forget. Yet again, the elk kicked our butts. However, we did have some fun, we did get a couple Mulies, and definitely had some adversities to overcome.

Day 1 - big kitty following bull elk, very fresh track

Day 2 - The mountain claims a tire

Day 5 - I tagged my first archery Muley, and my first velvet buck

Day 7 - Just after installing two brand new tires one the back

Day 8 - Buddy tags an awesome buck with lots of character

Congrats on the muley!

What happened with the truck?

Comment

WOW.. What a trip! **** man.. Earned that one

Comment

Congrats and OUCH!

What's the story on the truck? I've got a 2011 F350 and this causes a little concern.

Comment

Good job, sucks about the truck though..

Comment

Booyah on two great mulies!!!! What the hail happened to the dang truck dude????????????

Comment

Not real sure what caused the truck to go up in flames. It was a 2012 F250 Lariat FX4 with the 6.7L diesel. I took the pickup to town after my morning hunt to put new tires on it. Once done, I drove it back to camp and parked it. I went to use the restroom, and heard it go up in flames. I came running out of the restroom to find it engulfed. Had to call my buddy and tell him his pickup was toast. He was on the other side of the ranch with another buddy of ours. At this point, we still have no clue. Fire started right up front in the engine bay. Truck had been turned off for 5+ minutes before it happened. It is scary, b/c I have a 2011 just like it.

Comment

Nice hunt minus the truck..

Comment

Originally posted by Goldstein View Post
                  Not real sure what caused the truck to go up in flames. It was a 2012 F250 Lariat FX4 with the 6.7L diesel. I took the pickup to town after my morning hunt to put new tires on it. Once done, I drove it back to camp and parked it. I went to use the restroom, and heard it go up in flames. I came running out of the restroom to find it engulfed. Had to call my buddy and tell him his pickup was toast. He was on the other side of the ranch with another buddy of ours. At this point, we still have no clue. Fire started right up front in the engine bay. Truck had been turned off for 5+ minutes before it happened. It is scary, b/c I have a 2011 just like it.
                  Ahh...the dreaded 6.7 huh?

I kid I kid...sorry about the truck but congrats to the successful hunt.

Comment

Congrats on the mule deer.

Comment

Defineately a hunt for the books, dads got one similar. They were a tad luckier cause the truck made it back to Texas

Comment

nice buck

Comment

A hunt that will NEVER be forgotten!!!!

Comment

Congrats on some Great Bucks!

Comment

I think I'd only like half of that adventure..

Comment

Working...
                              X