Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-25-2018, 08:21 PM   #451
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
I’m 31 and got tested this morning. I have been terribly fatigued the last two years and finally decided to get checked. Test levels are 297 and everything else they checked was normal (thyroid and prostate function). Will be doing another test tomorrow and if levels are still low then we will discuss treatment. We just had our first child and I’m really hoping this will help me be the dad I want to be and not so tired and moody.
I've been on treatment for almost 2 years....you will feel much better. Don't repeat DON'T skip your lab appointments!!! Good luck
.270 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #452
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria & Re„l county

Quote:
Originally Posted by .270 View Post
I've been on treatment for almost 2 years....you will feel much better. Don't repeat DON'T skip your lab appointments!!! Good luck

I hope thatís the case. Iím not sure why I waited so long, foolish pride I suppose.
Wall_Hanger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 10:56 PM   #453
TXHunter12
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes122984 View Post
Go to synergenx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know if they work with your insurance?

How much does it cost?

Also the site says you have to come in to there location every week?
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 06:36 AM   #454
wes122984
Ten Point

Hunt In: Atoka County OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHunter12 View Post
Do you know if they work with your insurance?

How much does it cost?

Also the site says you have to come in to there location every week?
yes they do. mine is $15 a visit. i go in once a week for my shot. you can do biweekly also or move your script and self administer.
wes122984 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 06:49 AM   #455
Swampa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
yes they do. mine is $15 a visit. i go in once a week for my shot. you can do biweekly also or move your script and self administer.
You donít have to ge in every week. I pick a bottle up every 6weeks or so and administer the shot once a week.
Swampa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #456
em12
Ten Point

Hunt In: Meridian

I did the going in route at first and it was far too expensive and we could never get numbers right (because I did not inject often enough due to cost and time) I now shoot twice a week, Tues and Fri mornings (days don’t matter). With consistent shots and correct spacing I feel great. Much less expensive, much quicker and easier, more effective with more control in my opinion.
em12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 12:09 PM   #457
TXHunter12
Ten Point

Quote:
On their website it says you have to come in for injections. So there is a way to have a script sent to your pharmacy with them?
Thanks
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 01:02 PM   #458
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma/Taylor County

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHunter12 View Post
On their website it says you have to come in for injections. So there is a way to have a script sent to your pharmacy with them?

Thanks

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Texas Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #459
∆theling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
Iím 31 and got tested this morning. I have been terribly fatigued the last two years and finally decided to get checked. Test levels are 297 and everything else they checked was normal (thyroid and prostate function). Will be doing another test tomorrow and if levels are still low then we will discuss treatment. We just had our first child and Iím really hoping this will help me be the dad I want to be and not so tired and moody.

Get your seed frozen if you want more kids. Its cheap.

∆theling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #460
mdnabors
Ten Point

Hunt In: Weatherford, Kansas, MS

I haven't tried Testosterone myself yet, but another product lately. I'm just going to throw this out there and hope it doesn't come across as a plug or sales pitch. My wife and I have been on a new supplement lately (last 7-8 weeks) that is a form of HGH (Somatropin) with an added Thyroid and Adrenal complex. It's OTC, FDA Registered and has an NDC code so we felt comfortable starting to use it. We both are about to turn 40 yrs old and with the 3 kids we are busy, tired, and feeling our age.

Since being on this product, we both sleep like babies (REM sleep with vivid dreams), have Energy that lasts all day, way better moods in general, and have started to both lose weight. The recovery for me after the gym is fantastic. My wife, though she won't admit it, has a glow about her lately and her libido is finally back! AMEN

Just wanted to share our story so far. We are super excited to see what the next few months hold in store as the bigger attributes are shown to come in the 3-6 month timeframe.

Anyone interested in product info can PM me as I don't want to derail the thread. Just think this could be an alternative for some people as it's OTC and no known side effects and cheaper than most other options.

Carry on...been an informative read!
mdnabors is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #461
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnabors View Post
I haven't tried Testosterone myself yet, but another product lately. I'm just going to throw this out there and hope it doesn't come across as a plug or sales pitch. My wife and I have been on a new supplement lately (last 7-8 weeks) that is a form of HGH (Somatropin) with an added Thyroid and Adrenal complex. It's OTC, FDA Registered and has an NDC code so we felt comfortable starting to use it. We both are about to turn 40 yrs old and with the 3 kids we are busy, tired, and feeling our age.

Since being on this product, we both sleep like babies (REM sleep with vivid dreams), have Energy that lasts all day, way better moods in general, and have started to both lose weight. The recovery for me after the gym is fantastic. My wife, though she won't admit it, has a glow about her lately and her libido is finally back! AMEN

Just wanted to share our story so far. We are super excited to see what the next few months hold in store as the bigger attributes are shown to come in the 3-6 month timeframe.

Anyone interested in product info can PM me as I don't want to derail the thread. Just think this could be an alternative for some people as it's OTC and no known side effects and cheaper than most other options.

Carry on...been an informative read!

Yep.... sounds like a sales pitch lol. Another alternative is to go to a wellness dr and get sermorelin prescription. Increases HGH. Good stuff from what I hear. May do it when I get older.

Old 10-12-2018, 04:51 PM   #462
mdnabors
Ten Point

Hunt In: Weatherford, Kansas, MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Stalker View Post
Yep.... sounds like a sales pitch lol. Another alternative is to go to a wellness dr and get sermorelin prescription. Increases HGH. Good stuff from what I hear. May do it when I get older.

Dammit...I didn't want it to. Just working for us. Hey...I'm in sales what can I say. Lol

Last edited by mdnabors; 10-12-2018 at 04:59 PM.
mdnabors is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2018, 08:16 AM   #463
txhunter90
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lindale

Went to another doctor, and he prescribed me HCG, vitamin D and zinc. Did not want to put me on testosterone, being we haven't had any kids yet and would kill the swimmers. Guys that have low may try zinc. Have had 2 doctors tell me that zinc can help increase testosterone production.
txhunter90 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2018, 07:52 PM   #464
Ten Point

Latest labs showed elevated RBC's but a test level above 1,000!!! Aetna approved the testopel pellets and dang did that hurt! Hoping the pellets will keep my RBC's from going haywire. As you were gents.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:07 PM   #465
NannySlayer
Pope & Young

Was with a fella that did shots once a month... always looked forward to the week after. b

Hope yíall feel better too!

NannySlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 10:34 PM   #466
Kooter80
Six Point

Hunt In: East Texas

I told y’all that I would keep y’all updated on starting testosterone injections.

I started with .5ml every other week and after a month I retested and I came back at 109.

Dr changed my dosage to 1ml every week. Stayed on this for another month and test level came back this time at 915!

I’ve noticed a night/day difference in energy. I hit the gym 4 to 5 times a week and have put on 10 lbs of muscle while trimming down stomach/waist.

My complete blood count came back perfect as well. I will definitely stay on this regiment.

I can’t speak for everyone but if your on the fence about trying it, I’m glad I did!
Kooter80 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2018, 01:40 PM   #467
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young

Default Testosterone Therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter80 View Post
I told yíall that I would keep yíall updated on starting testosterone injections.

I started with .5ml every other week and after a month I retested and I came back at 109.

Dr changed my dosage to 1ml every week. Stayed on this for another month and test level came back this time at 915!

Iíve noticed a night/day difference in energy. I hit the gym 4 to 5 times a week and have put on 10 lbs of muscle while trimming down stomach/waist.

My complete blood count came back perfect as well. I will definitely stay on this regiment.

I canít speak for everyone but if your on the fence about trying it, Iím glad I did!

This is exactly what Iíve been trying to tell everyone. If your dr puts you on an injection cycle that is biweekly or less than 200mg a week then fire his ars. These docs have no business prescribing if they donít know how bad of a roller coaster ride it is to prescribe biweekly. Congrats on finding your sweet spot. Itís quite an improvement In quality of life.

Last edited by Texas Stalker; 12-09-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:52 PM   #468
Kooter80
Six Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Stalker View Post
This is exactly what Iíve been trying to tell everyone. If your dr puts you on an injection cycle that is biweekly or less than 200mg a week then fire his ars. These docs have no business prescribing if they donít know how bad of a roller coaster ride it is to prescribe biweekly. Congrats on finding your sweet spot. Itís quite an improvement In quality of life.

Why did I wait so long? Crazy.
Kooter80 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #469
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Hunt In: granger, victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunter90 View Post
Went to another doctor, and he prescribed me HCG, vitamin D and zinc. Did not want to put me on testosterone, being we haven't had any kids yet and would kill the swimmers. Guys that have low may try zinc. Have had 2 doctors tell me that zinc can help increase testosterone production.
I hope i killed my swimmers. 2 Kids is expensive enough.
Dirtymike is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2018, 10:49 AM   #470
txhunter90
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtymike View Post
I hope i killed my swimmers. 2 Kids is expensive enough.
Lol, well the HCG didn't work. So he is starting out on Test Cream and going from there. Having a kid, so the swimmer's at this point isnt that important lol.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:15 AM   #471
Ten Point

Week and half into the pellets. The soreness is about gone, but it still feels like I am sitting on a rock on that side. Emotionally I am way calmer and physically more active. Really enjoy not having to give myself the weekly shots right now.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:52 PM   #472
coldgas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hemphill Co

Quote:
Week and half into the pellets. The soreness is about gone, but it still feels like I am sitting on a rock on that side. Emotionally I am way calmer and physically more active. Really enjoy not having to give myself the weekly shots right now.
I think I'll try pellets when my hsa card reloads on the first. I've noticed the more muscle I put on the harder the shots are to take. They are starting to hurt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
coldgas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2018, 10:18 PM   #473
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldgas View Post
I think I'll try pellets when my hsa card reloads on the first. I've noticed the more muscle I put on the harder the shots are to take. They are starting to hurt.

I canít imagine going through the roller coaster of pellets every 3 months vs a simple shot each week
bboswell is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 04:51 AM   #474
coldgas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hemphill Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
I canít imagine going through the roller coaster of pellets every 3 months vs a simple shot each week
Maybe some guys who have been doing pellets will chime in but I understand that the pellets keep you more level. I do shots 2xweek because I was up and down doing them once a week. I was also told by my dr that the pellets will last 6 to 8 months.

coldgas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 06:26 AM   #475
RLUM
Six Point

Hunt In: Montgomery, Walker, Leon and Kimble counties. RSA

I have been on pellets for about 5 months now and do not feel like I have ups and downs unless I forget to take my DIM pills like I should. To anyone thinking about do treatments, do not think about it any longer it is well worth it. I was a 425 Dr. put in 12 pellets and when I went back for my 90 day lab I was a 1200. It is truly a life changer.
RLUM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 08:13 AM   #476
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Well documented. To raise the T levels of an old rooster just put a young hen in the coop. No need to thank me
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 10:14 AM   #477
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Quote:
On my 2nd round of pellets. No roller coaster at all. That is the point. It is constant release. With that said when i had my blood work done my T was 1425. So he made me wait an extra month. Towards the end i was begging him to put more in already! So we went with 11 pellets this round. Have not had the blood work done again yet.

Just the last few weeks were the only down side. Rest of the time i felt like superman.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:18 AM   #478
quarterback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Well documented. To raise the T levels of an old rooster just put a young hen in the coop. No need to thank me
All well and good unless there's already an old(er) hen in the coop to start with. Especially one who doesn't like the idea of having younger hens around.
quarterback is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 12:30 PM   #479
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Prayers sent!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 10:38 PM   #480
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldgas View Post
Maybe some guys who have been doing pellets will chime in but I understand that the pellets keep you more level. I do shots 2xweek because I was up and down doing them once a week. I was also told by my dr that the pellets will last 6 to 8 months.

My only experience with pellets is my wifeís HRT, she gets pellets every 3 months and there are obvious changes the 3 weeks before and week after she gets pellets.

Weekly shots donít do that.
bboswell is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #481
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Quote:
My only experience with pellets is my wifeís HRT, she gets pellets every 3 months and there are obvious changes the 3 weeks before and week after she gets pellets.

Weekly shots donít do that.
Well you are comparing banana's to peaches. Women are wired completely different.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:56 AM   #482
Trevor73402
Six Point

Always do injections twice a week. Mon & Thurs or whatever days works best for your schedule. Test Enth or Test Cyp both have long enough half life that you will not see any “ups and downs” doing it twice a week.

Just my opinion....stay away from pellets. Get you a bottle of Watson or Upjohn Test Cyp and some needles and man-up twice a week.
Trevor73402 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #483
myway
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kent county

For you guys trying to avoid the ďroll a coasterĒ or ups and downs what is it exactly you are experiencing? I am a every two week guy because my co pay is ridiculous. I feel good ..I think? What am I missing?
myway is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #484
FireMedic26
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cass Co & Bowie Co TX

I just do my injections once a week. Last time I had it checked it was around 1130, at the end my week.

Genesis 27:3

Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;
FireMedic26 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #485
FireMedic26
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cass Co & Bowie Co TX

I'm a paramedic, so my Dr allows me to administer my own injections. I get a Rx for 10 cc, but even that's starting to be a pain in the ***; because my Dr doesn't like to write prescriptions for generic anymore. He wants me to go through myrx.com, instead of my insurance, which would cost me a lot more.

Genesis 27:3

Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;
FireMedic26 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #486
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor73402 View Post
Always do injections twice a week. Mon & Thurs or whatever days works best for your schedule. Test Enth or Test Cyp both have long enough half life that you will not see any ďups and downsĒ doing it twice a week.

Just my opinion....stay away from pellets. Get you a bottle of Watson or Upjohn Test Cyp and some needles and man-up twice a week.
Why is having to do something twice a week better than doing pellets every 6-7 months?

Why stay away from pellets?
Old 12-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #487
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young

My brother went from shots for a couple years to trying pellets last few months. He said with pellets he felt like he had ups and downs like he would either absorb not enough or too much. He went back to shots to stay at a constant level. And happy again.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:55 PM   #488
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young

Default Testosterone Therapy

Also like Iíve said throughout this thread if you are prescribed and need to buy your prescription your insurance may or not pay for it. Get on GoodRx.com and check pricing first. Itís free and easy. Mine is $40 for 200mg for 10 weeks. Canít recommend that enough. Cheap.

Old 04-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #489
txhunter90
Ten Point

Well, update with myself. Being younger, they started me on the test cream. Starting lower and going to the higher dosage. Which is a PIA because it was everyday, and had to be careful with touching anything my wife came into contact with as well. Cream after a few months only came up 50 or so points. So, Dr. finally started me on shots twice a week to get my levels up and to maintain them once I am there.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:14 AM   #490
brrdnk
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman,TX,Thurber & The "H" Some Years

Well I got the BioTe pellets yesterday my level was at 120 sure hope they work. I have tried
All the creams and even the shots before, hated the roller coaster ride with the shots.
brrdnk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #491
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrdnk View Post
Well I got the BioTe pellets yesterday my level was at 120 sure hope they work. I have tried
All the creams and even the shots before, hated the roller coaster ride with the shots.
I get my second round of pellets tomorrow. The day of is ok, the next couple days and it's gonna be pretty sore.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:43 AM   #492
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Quote:
I get my second round of pellets tomorrow. The day of is ok, the next couple days and it's gonna be pretty sore.
Ice pack is your friend to keep soreness/bruising to a minimum...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2019, 12:49 PM   #493
Humper
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green Co.

I used to use the roll on...but found I got a bigger Testosterone boost when I bought this last week after my 60th b-day

Name:  stingray.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  110.6 KB
Humper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #494
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Dang Hump, you gon' need a ice pack for yore wallet!!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2019, 06:57 PM   #495
thehairlessone!
Ten Point

Hunt In: <---- Top Secret!

I’ve been doing the shots for about 8 yrs. since I turned 40. Test results were really low. Tried bi-weekly but i felt the up and downs. I do it every Sunday now. Feels great. I started because of low energy. Not the case now. I keep mine between 650-850. Otherwise docs get on me about it being too high.

I did a lot of reading years ago and had to go thru several different doctors especially after i moved that would agree to let me do weekly injections. Some want it bi-weekly etc. If they wont let you do it weekly find another. That is the key in my opinion. I would never go off it now.

Rick
thehairlessone! is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #496
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Quote:
It worked great for me. except feeling like i am sitting on rocks. I have no assatall disease
Old 04-25-2019, 09:26 PM   #497
Ten Point

Second round of Testopel today. Local anesthetic has worn off and soreness is setting in. Using Old Forester 90 proof on the rocks to help with the oncoming soreness. Next few days it's gonna feel like a pencil was shoved under my skin.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:57 AM   #498
JimPat
Four Point

Just a tip -

if you are injecting yourself know the half life of the test and what it does to E2 (estradiol).
E2 follows test and is harmful to males at either a high level (gyno) or low level (osteopenia).
The reason guys inject twice a week is to level out the rise of E2 by injecting more frequently in lesser amounts. If you do once a week, great, but some can't handle the level of E2 that inevitably rises due to the increased dosage of Test. If you are on a two-week schedule....really check your Doc AND your labs (E2 must be measured via "sensitive or ultra sensitive methods as the normal "female" range won't work for the reduced amount that will jack up males). Two week schedule is less than optimum but if it works for you....great. Test has a half life of about 3+ days. So to get to a decent serum level that is constant you have to stick a LOT into your body to survive the burn down.

JimPat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #499
Trevor73402
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPat View Post
Just a tip -

if you are injecting yourself know the half life of the test and what it does to E2 (estradiol).
E2 follows test and is harmful to males at either a high level (gyno) or low level (osteopenia).
The reason guys inject twice a week is to level out the rise of E2 by injecting more frequently in lesser amounts. If you do once a week, great, but some can't handle the level of E2 that inevitably rises due to the increased dosage of Test. If you are on a two-week schedule....really check your Doc AND your labs (E2 must be measured via "sensitive or ultra sensitive methods as the normal "female" range won't work for the reduced amount that will jack up males). Two week schedule is less than optimum but if it works for you....great. Test has a half life of about 3+ days. So to get to a decent serum level that is constant you have to stick a LOT into your body to survive the burn down.

Most will not listen or even care. Dr. Suck&So told them 200mg every two weeks is just fine and no need to worry about E2......and if the Dr. said it, it must be true so.......
Trevor73402 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2019, 09:10 PM   #500
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPat View Post
Just a tip -

Finally. Someone that knows. Once every two weeks is a terrible way to go about it. Makes zero sense at all. You think they would study the medicine the prescribe.