Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadline it sounds like.

Comment

Yup our bio always tells us April 1. In every email and every meeting. They have to have their numbers to Austin. Log into LMA and see if you can input your data. Worth a shot. Waiting 1-2 weeks ain't gonna cut it

Comment

Biologist called me right after season this year. They usually just email and said do not be late this year. Said there would be nothing she could do for me if I was. Not sure if they decided to crack down this year more than usual but she made a bigger deal than every this year about being on time. They've been sending out reminder emails last few months about deadline as well

Comment

Who's your agent for the ranch? Guessing you are? It sucks and a learning curve. My first year we all learned together on it. We thought we inherited mld 1 when we were actually 3.
          If you are the agent you should have all that paperwork though. Beg for forgiveness and ask to schedule a face to face and go in with your paperwork and learn the ropes..as in take off work Friday and go. You may have a bunch of upset folks come hunting season if you lose your mld status if you're running a lease.

Comment

This is what I got from my bio

Comment

That sucks, but the April 1st deadline is pretty clearly written when you sign up.
              Also, telling your bio you will get it in a couple weeks likely did not win you any bonus points. All it requires is entering how many does & bucks were harvested, couldn’t be easier.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. Spoke to the biologist and we're going to meet in person to see if theres anything we can figure out. The property is 800 acres split into two chunks. 200 is high fence and hasn't been hunted so the deer numbers are extremely high. Their hammering the landscaping and its driving the landowner crazy. He's also paranoid that he's going to get lyme disease. I admit its my mistake. But, we never received any reminder emails and apparently several other property's are claiming the same thing. So IDK I guess we'll soon find out.

Comment

I think I would have just drove my rearrange down to the lease to make sure I met that deadline, one year our landowner had to go to Edna tx to fertilize a cotton field, leaving us with out permits, it was a long drive from encinal to Edna and back ( but you cannot hunt with out them )

Comment

Originally posted by cmeadors View Post
                    Thanks for all the input. Spoke to the biologist and we're going to meet in person to see if theres anything we can figure out. The property is 800 acres split into two chunks. 200 is high fence and hasn't been hunted so the deer numbers are extremely high. Their hammering the landscaping and its driving the landowner crazy. He's also paranoid that he's going to get lyme disease. I admit its my mistake. But, we never received any reminder emails and apparently several other property's are claiming the same thing. So IDK I guess we'll soon find out.
                    These were not emails sent from your biologist but by TPW. Are you the Land owner agent and have ability to log in? Your LO received them as well just FYI. I did the harvest log but forgot the management plan. I did receive a email from our biologist that said if it was not submitted by 4/1 there is not much he could do to assist.

Comment

I had submitted my data the first week in March, then last week I almost freaked out when I got a reminder from the area TPW biologist reminding me about submitting the data before the deadline, turns out that email was sent to everyone in the area that was enrolled whether they had submitted the data already or not. He did send a follow up email stating that. Before we moved to the ranch, I would take a picture of the log with my iPhone so I would always have that data available. Reporting is a lot simpler now basically only reporting the number of does harvested and the number of bucks harvested, with the number of those being spikes.

Comment

So it sounds like the local biologist is who sends out the reminder and because there wasn't a biologist assigned to our property maybe that's why we didn't get the reminder. Either way I should have paid more attention when setting up the ranch and marked it on my calendar. I just assumed it had to be submitted when reapplying for tags. My mistake. Hopefully he'll make a exception for a first time offender

Comment

Working...
                        X