Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-25-2019, 06:41 PM   #51
crowmagnum
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTERRY75 View Post
Contact CROWMAGNUM on here
Thanks for the referral on this thread Terry.

I have refrained from shameless advertising my company on these threads out of respect for my TBH family.It just feels dirty to do so.I seldom advertise anywhere else as I enjoy a good refferal/word of mouth business.

With that being said,anyone that would like a honest bid w/out all the Storm Trooper BS or just want some advice.Pm me.👍🇨🇱
crowmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2019, 06:08 AM   #52
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Well, it's a waiting game right now. Waiting on the insurance adjuster. From what I see on the news, we got lucky. It still sucks though.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-27-2019, 09:30 AM   #53
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Had to take my poor wife out to eat yesterday. She is home all day and taking the brunt of the door to door roofer game. She has a fine collection of business cards now. She quit answering the door but every once in a while she opens the door to collect the next card. One will stick his card in the door and take the other one and throw it in the flower bed. All this plus the phone calls. She deserved a good dinner.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:34 AM   #54
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma/Taylor County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
Had to take my poor wife out to eat yesterday. She is home all day and taking the brunt of the door to door roofer game. She has a fine collection of business cards now. She quit answering the door but every once in a while she opens the door to collect the next card. One will stick his card in the door and take the other one and throw it in the flower bed. All this plus the phone calls. She deserved a good dinner.

Yeah donít hire those guys lol. Solicitors drive me crazy. I mean I guess Iím dumb for not going knocking on doors but I just canít make myself do it. I feel like if you have good word of mouth you shouldnít have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Texas Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-27-2019, 09:52 AM   #55
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Stalker View Post
Yeah donít hire those guys lol. Solicitors drive me crazy. I mean I guess Iím dumb for not going knocking on doors but I just canít make myself do it. I feel like if you have good word of mouth you shouldnít have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
She called me earlier and said she was ready to shoot the next SOB that knocked the door.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:55 AM   #56
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
She called me earlier and said she was ready to shoot the next SOB that knocked the door.
I can get you a sign for $10 - Seriously
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-27-2019, 10:25 AM   #57
duckboy007
Eight Point

Hunt In: TX, AR, & OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Got some slightly smaller than golf ball sized stuff at the house in Prosper.

Have a buddy who sells his signs to homeowners for $10 just to put in yards - Hilarious, but wonder if it works.
Getting a sign in the yard helped so much during the Wylie rebuild we did a couple years back, softball-cantaloupe. Kept alot of the scum away. We had to do a near total rebuild, down to the studs in 75% of the house from water damage, new flooring, windows, whole new roof with decking, etc.

We used http://gagerestoration.com/, and I cannot recommend Johnny and his wife enough. They helped us every step of the way, and we ended up moving out of state midway through the rebuild. They were able to finish up and get the house ready for market by our deadlines without any issues at all. They even stood in for us to get final insurance approval and a few other times that we needed someone on the ground while we were out of state.

Praying for everyone that is going through this, please let me know if I can help at all with our experiences, we had close to 120k worth of damage between the house and cars. I would love to pass on any of the things we learned along the way.
duckboy007 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2019, 09:06 AM   #58
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Here is a pic of the skylight from the outside.
Attached Images