Blast & Cast Men’s Ministry- North Texas Fishing Event: Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blast & Cast Men’s Ministry- North Texas Fishing Event: Review

Blast & Cast is a men’s ministry started by one of our TBH’rs, Capn, (though not a frequent poster). The purpose of B&C is to reach oustdoorsmen and share the gospel by providing an environment that meshes the two together. Men are encouraged to come as they are.

I’ve been to a few of these events in Rockport, they are always good discipleship and fellowship. The group held an event on Lake Proctor this weekend and it was no different. Friday’s message encouraged the men to take hold of the freedom found in the salvation of Christ. Saturday’s followup was about maintaining that freedom by preparing for spiritual warfare on the battlefield of your mind.

As always the quality of men in attendance was top notch, food was great and we slayed the fish. The group of 25+ men boated and cleaned somewhere between 400-500 crappie and sand bass. My group alone, comprised of 2 very eager 8 & 9 year olds, myself and the boat owner managed 100+ on sat & today combined.

I encourage you to follow their Facebook page or visit their website to learn more and for info on upcoming events.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D88BA75F-0ABC-4739-903F-4463AA5F3BF3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	25146524

Name:	7DE1E3AB-FCCC-4660-80EB-4C621ACD91F8.jpeg
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	25146525

Name:	75C4E2AB-A442-4FC7-AE19-D5DFA8A45818.jpeg
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	25146526

Name:	C460F366-1867-4289-B651-8BC9B2267867.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	25146527

Name:	34CB5865-448C-460E-90AA-9F0A589AC17E.jpg
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	25146528
    Who knew honeybuns over coals was even a thing?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Playa; 04-29-2018, 09:02 PM.

A few more pics

Dinner sat night.

Name:	B5FB3B45-1C34-42C4-82A9-280E63769707.jpeg
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	24538602

Kids playing with their “food”

Name:	C6F2E4A0-30D7-4A3B-93B3-CEECB36C0C44.jpeg
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	24538603

Comment

Awesome stuff right there!

Comment

Cool weekend!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Very cool. Whats on the grill in that picture?? Looks like honey buns.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
            Very cool. Whats on the grill in that picture?? Looks like honey buns.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            That is exactly what it is. As I understand it, that delicacy was discovered on a cold morning duck hunt. Apparently the sugar caramelizes some

Comment

Blast & Cast Men’s Ministries Statement of Faith

We believe the Holy Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15-17).

We believe there is one true God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:4-6).

We believe in the deity of Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death through his blood, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father, in his present rule as Head of the Church and in his personal return in power and glory (John 1:1-4; Matthew 1:12; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; 1 Corinthians 15:3-

We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation (Titus 3:4-7; Luke 24:46-47; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6; Acts 4:12).

We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life (Galatians 5:16-18; Romans 8:9).
              We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of ****ation and eternal punishment (Revelation 20:11-15; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57).

We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of his body, the Church, with equality across race, gender, and class (Ephesians 1:22-23; Corinthians 12:12,27).
              We believe the ministry of evangelism is a responsibility of both the church and each Christian (Romans 10:9-15; Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Peter 3:15).

I know from witnessing it on this site that there are many great Christian men here, and that you understand our calling to spread God's glory. "Pointing Outdoorsman To The Cross" is a great way for us, as outdoorsman, to do just that. B&C ministries can teach you various ways to bring God into the conversations around campfires, cleaning stations, the boat or the blind. If you feel the calling, I would encourage ya'll to visit the web site www.blastandcast.org or contact me, Playa, or any other man on the site involved with B&C. Few things can replace the feeling you get bringing someone to Christ.

Comment

Looks like a great time!

Comment

I'll take the Honey Buns over the mud bugs.

Comment

B&C Men's Ministries are pretty awesome events!!! Had the misfortune.........er....I mean pleasure of hunting with Greg (Playa) at 1 or 2 of those Rockport events. Actually,I have spent quite a bit of time at the annual Rockport duck hunt events. Good times, great people, even better cause for certain

Comment

This event is coming up and only has a few spots left! Get signed up! Gonna be fun

Comment

“I’m going out to fish,” Simon Peter told them, and they said, “We’ll go with you.” So they went out and got into the boat… John 21:3 Registration:    First registered first reserved! Waiting List Purpose: To build meaningful relationships with other outdoorsmen for the purpose of leading them to, or back to,

Comment

I went to my first Blast and Cast event last June in Matagorda. Every one was great people.
                          I also went on the dove hunt in Sept. that was lots of fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X