No announcement yet.

Neighbors Cows on My Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call the sheriff, put pressure on the land owner. We had stray cow got onto the highway and someone hit the thing at night, nearly ended up in the front seat of the Camry vehicle.

Comment

If its costing me a a lot of money and messing up my deer season i would just fix the fence myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        Hmmm

Sue cow owner for damages and NEVER see a dime PLUS any legal fees incurred

OR

Open gates and run them on down the road

Seems like around here you can (or used to) call sheriff department and they would send someone out to round up cows and impound them

No cows on my place, I go out at night with my new NV and "I thought I was shooting at a heard of pigs, there are no cows on this place" seems like a logical defense to killing multiple neighbor cows?

Cattle owner needs to be made to pay for any and all damages to crops, pay grazing fees and any other charges that can be filed.
        A number of cows should be sold at auction until the amount of damages is able to be paid to landowner/plaintiff unless cattle owner has CASH to pay for said damage immediately

hi-lited ... I like this idea best of all.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
          "Deets" ? That sounds like city talk there. LoL

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
          if thats the part of the post that grabbed your attention, i can clearly see the problem.

im forever seeing the dumbest solutions possible in these threads. it seems like the new york fly fishers forum with the, "shoot the cow" slingshot, rubber bullets, real bullets, "chase the cow away" yeah man! deer love crashing, stressed, running cattle, rather than a calm, normal atmosphere...

no idea why you people ask for input. just call it a frustration, whine thread and go ahead and add that solutions are not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            hi-lited ... I like this idea best of all.
            if the idea of getting somone seriously hurt or killed is your favorite solution, you better think twice before intentionally running the cattle onto the road.

Comment

Actually, keep your cows penned up.

Cows also spread weesatch onto property that has been cleared of the invasive species.

Generally the cows owners don't even offer to replace and refill the feeders.

It's simply annoying and rude.

So you GTFOH yourself.

You know nothing about ranching. Cows are penned up, but sometimes the fence gets knocked down for whatever reason. And you know what, half of the fence is yours. Pony up, grow a set, and fix the dang fence. Or call the neighbor. Or run the cow back onto its property. It is not that dang hard. But surely, dont shoot the cow. That way of thinking is absolutely ridiculous and will get you sued and get your *** kicked.

Also the time spent getting and hauling 500lbs of corn, loading it into the feeder, the fact that it affects the hunt and deer patterns if the feeder has been empty for days or a couple of weeks.

It's not just the cost of the protein.

That gets old and annoying after a few times.

Just saying. Not saying anyone should kill a neighbors cow. That's not legal anyway.

So, now we went from 400 lbs of protein to 500 lbs of corn. Again, fix the fence, call the neighbor, run the cows off, etc.

And for some people, hunting is the business and your lost cows are damaging their business. Something to consider.

Also, if the cows are there long enough to eat 500lbs of protein someone isn't keeping up with their herd.

Obviously, you don't know much about cows and that shows. Do you know how much a cow can eat in one day, if the source is there? Apparently not and that is obvious. It does not take long for a cow to clean up 500 lbs. Why do you think ranchers feed bales of hay, rather than letting the cows in the barn and eat whatever they want. It is not like the cows are there for a week or 2. When the food is gone, the cow will most likely move on or by that time, the owner will know he is missing a cow and come looking for it. Would you want a farmer looking for his cow during the day while you are hunting and tromping all over your hunting land? Heck no because then you would be on here whining and moaning about that. I can tell you that if I am missing a cow, I sure am not going to be walking around the woods looking for it while hunting season is going on. If hunting is the business, they might want to check that high fence and get it repaired. I dont know many deer "business" that are on low fence.

I dont advocate cows running loose and agree that the fence should be fixed and cows kept penned up, but to shoot one like someone on here said earlier in the thread is absolutely ridiculous and stupid.
              Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 01-04-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Why would I fence a feeder on my own property when it's the cattle owners responsibility to keep his property contained?
                You also have the problem of the cows respreading non native seeds in their fecal matter.

Some of these ranches are running a hunting business and loose cows affect the hunting.

So you have a lack of respect for other people's property and what they want to do with their property?

Non native seeds in their fecal matter? Are you serious? How far away do you think these cows came from? Good Lord city boy. And we call it poop or another word. Fecal matter! GOH!

And the deer are not affected by the cows, I promise you that. But the deer would be affected by a farmer walking through the woods when you are trying to hunt.If it is a hunting operation, get that expensive high fence fixed. Some people's children, I swear. Shoot a cow because it is not on it's own property. SMDH!

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                  if the idea of getting somone seriously hurt or killed is your favorite solution, you better think twice before intentionally running the cattle onto the road.
                  you're reading too much into it ... move along then.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                    Non native seeds in their fecal matter? Are you serious? How far away do you think these cows came from? Good Lord city boy. And we call it poop or another word. Fecal matter! GOH!

And the deer are not affected by the cows, I promise you that. But the deer would be affected by a farmer walking through the woods when you are trying to hunt.If it is a hunting operation, get that expensive high fence fixed. Some people's children, I swear. Shoot a cow because it is not on it's own property. SMDH!
                    He said they spent all the time and money to clear all the Weesatche (sp) off their place, I’m sure that was a pretty penny and took a lot of work to do and now the cows are bring it back in with their s*** and it’s spreading so they’ll have to spend all that time and money again.

And you keep saying fix the fence, but I believe I read where the only access to the fence is in the neighbors side, that doesn’t make sense but I’m not quite sure of the whole situation regarding that.

If the place has no cows it can mess with your deer when they aren’t use to them, heck deer will still run from the cows on our place, they come back usually but they aren’t just fine and dandy with them in the road with them. I don’t agree with shooting them or anything but it is BS if the rancher has been contacted and still will not come get his cows off of the neighboring pasture and talk with them about fixing the fence or anything like that.

Comment

hunter: "hey man your cows are in my place messin up my huntin"

cow man: yeah i was afraid those heavy rains might cause a washout" im out of the country on a family trip, can i take care of it next week?"

hunter: NO! they ate all my corn and i want em gone!

cow man: okok ill send a crew to handle it tomorrow.

hunter: NO! i hunt thursday thru sunday, you have to wait until after 4pm mon-wed! and what about the fecal matter!??

cow man: huh??

Comment

Very interesting... thanks for posting.
                        Replacement corn as a starting point sounds fair to me... if your client is willing to forgive the other damage and owner's behavior and attitude, more power to him.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                          So, now we went from 400 lbs of protein to 500 lbs of corn.
                          You're the one that misread it the first time.

Comment

Where were you when the fecal matter hit the fan?

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
                              Where were you when the fecal matter hit the fan?
                              Right here. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                                You're the one that misread it the first time.
                                And if thats all you focused on. . . . . . 400 or 500 or typo. Doesn't change the facts and the general issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X