X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool story. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
      Cool story, what's going on in that last picture?
      I believe that is a picture of the cave that they bayed the cat in.

Comment

Really neat story

Comment

Cool story

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

I saw that on facebook and shared. This jag was supposedly killed within a couple of miles of where my Father-In-Law was raised. If you have driven between Junction and London and looked to the north side of the highway, you will see some pretty rugged hills which is excellent habitat for all lots of felines. In this day and time, there are quite a few high fences and land has been fragmented so that it is not as desirable for the big kittys as it once was.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                No one has seen one inside a zoo either.
                LOL.... Oh my..^^^^

Great story OP. Incredible stuff.. Thanks for sharing.. A lot of big cats, including Jags, once roamed east Texas too.. I'll have to find the story that I read about this and post it.. It was very interesting.
                The last known wild Jags in the US are in Arizona. Last I read they still exist..

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                  My earlier point was that since jaguars once roamed Texas and since they do come in a black color phase wouldn't it have been easy for someone to see a black jaguar cross a pasture a 100 years ago and call it a black panther. Couldn't that be a likely explanation for all of the black panther stories told by folks back in the day?

-john
                  Absolutley!!!

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                    Cool story, what's going on in that last picture?
                    Originally posted by lab man View Post
                    I believe that is a picture of the cave that they bayed the cat in.

Correct. That is the cave the cat was in

Comment

There was one spotted in New Mexico a few years back. They still roam in Mexico...

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                        My earlier point was that since jaguars once roamed Texas and since they do come in a black color phase wouldn't it have been easy for someone to see a black jaguar cross a pasture a 100 years ago and call it a black panther. Couldn't that be a likely explanation for all of the black panther stories told by folks back in the day?

-john

That and the same cause of most of the sightings today, house cats, bobcats, regular ol brown mountain lions in shade, and folks just not knowing what the heck they are looking at.

Jaguar's historic range was still mostly in South to Mid-TX so folks down here can get a pass. Everyone else just needs to pull their head out of their poop chute and accept that they didn't really see a big black kitty cat. lol

Comment

This is a interesting little write up on these cats..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's way cool! I have never heard of them wandering that far north. When I lived in the RGV I saw they story of the one killed in 1946 near Olmito.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by .270; 01-03-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Great read and cool story. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thats a cool story. I could picture those 2 boys running up and down that "mountain" trying to get some help to kill that cat. Pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X