Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-21-2018, 02:56 PM   #51
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhuntingobsession View Post
I'm thinking the cartel caught up with him! Or he's in a mexican hospital.

Or he sobered up....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #52
Hydestik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

I think this thread has “potential” to go Gold
Hydestik is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 03:16 PM   #53
jmw
Six Point

Hunt In: Where I can

This one time at band camp...
jmw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 03:25 PM   #54
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

We need Webstertroy to make an appearance on this thread.
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 06:22 PM   #55
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Maybe he is looking for Coke bottles
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 06:54 PM   #56
JES
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Or he sobered up....

Wasn't there a thread about people telling tall tales and one upping a while back? Seems we need to add a new entry...
JES is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 07:55 PM   #57
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

I’ve worked as a cop in Austin for last 20 plus years. Been and seen plenty of bizarre. Kinda is all normal to me anymore.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 08:27 PM   #58
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca County

Spring Break 1988, I got to meet & hang out with this "lovely young lady" all night @ Hector's Deck & Blanco White's in Matamoros....

I ended up in a near fist fight with my childhood buddy over the whole thing...because she had asked him to go back to her apartment & we told him, "Hell no!"

After the Mexican police showed up & threatened to take all of us to jail for being drunk & acting stupid in public, she was no where to be found...never saw again...until one year later on TV...

Sara María Aldrete Villareal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Aldrete

Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 08:43 PM   #59
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any where I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksalot View Post
Some things in life there are no good answers for. Things just happen. But still, there are times one may question why.

There’s not enough to write down and make a book out of it. Like the time my family and I accidentally drove upon a cartel drug deal going down in a remote area. Later on, that proved to be a scary and somewhat regretful discovery. None of us were looking for any such thing. We just happened to be in the area while admiring the beauty. One night, months later we were chased down on a lonesome stretch of Highway in that same state. The cartel people had made a note of our patterns. I honestly wasn’t sure if that was going to be the end of us. Relatives of mine unknowingly were near the same cartel operation and found themselves alone facing a group of well armed men in a rural location. They too weren’t sure if they were going to make it home ever again. Found out later that quite a few people in that county were in on the take. One person suspected of being involved was an elected official.

Some friends of mine in LE have mentioned that there have been times they’ve seen things that make no sense at all. Things you’d have to see to believe, because others may think you’re crazy.

A judge, I know well, had something happen to him that’s almost like out of a movie scene.

Life can sure change in a hurry.
You stories sound kind of familiar.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #60
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Too bad TexasTornado isn't still around. She could blow everyone out the water. Best story teller of all time possibly.
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #61
cwill
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
Spring Break 1988, I got to meet & hang out with this "lovely young lady" all night @ Hector's Deck & Blanco White's in Matamoros....

I ended up in a near fist fight with my childhood buddy over the whole thing...because she had asked him to go back to her apartment & we told him, "Hell no!"

After the Mexican police showed up & threatened to take all of us to jail for being drunk & acting stupid in public, she was no where to be found...never saw again...until one year later on TV...

That gave me chills!
cwill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 08:48 PM   #62
Colton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
too bad texastornado isn't still around. She could blow everyone out the water. Best story teller of all time possibly.
😂
Colton is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 08:51 PM   #63
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill View Post
That gave me chills!
I'll never forget it as long as I live...

It's weird because I can still picture her like it was yesterday...
She went by Maria....tall, long legs, white spandex mini skirt, black crop top & drank Dos Equis...her hair was dyed blonde...

My buddy does not like to talk about it even to this day...and "yes", we are still friends...
Old 10-21-2018, 09:04 PM   #64
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any where I can

We had a odd thing happen many years ago, we were in our late teens or early 20s. We had been on the beach in Port A. at night. I think we had been fishing on the pier that night. But as we were driving away from the beach on one of the windy access roads. We went around a curve in the road and found a naked old woman running down the middle of the road screaming. I stopped the car and she just ran right by, screaming. I asked my buddy, do you want to go back and ask her if she wants help. He looked at me and said, do you really want a naked old woman in your car? My response was. No, but there is definitely something wrong. I decided to keep driving. The next curve we went around, we found the old Port A. drunk walking up the middle of the road, with a seriously ****** off look on his face. I said, Oh, there's the problem, let's go have a talk with him. So I stopped the car, we got out, to go talk to the old drunk and find out what the hell is going on. He had a quart bottle in one hand. When he saw us coming his way, he threw the bottle at us, turned around and took off running, up in the sand dunes. We were both in pretty good shape and that time. We chased that old fart way the hell up into the dunes, we never caught that old fart, he was pretty **** quick. We decided, we had probably taken care of the problem and the old woman, would probably be safe, at least for the rest of the night. So we went back to the car and went home. Don't know exactly what exactly the situation was and if the old woman made it home safe. We never heard anything about a old woman being killed or raped in Port A., so we decided she must have gotten away from the old fart.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 09:06 PM   #65
Milkfisher
Four Point

Some stories need to be told....but not on the inter webs to live forever.

I’ve got a story that I’ve told to friends but I won’t ever write it down in real life or share in Mixed company. Cartels ain’t no joke.
Milkfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 09:26 PM   #66
Shinesintx
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Franklin County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkfisher View Post
Some stories need to be told....but not on the inter webs to live forever.

I’ve got a story that I’ve told to friends but I won’t ever write it down in real life or share in Mixed company. Cartels ain’t no joke.
Can I pm you my cell #?
Shinesintx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 09:28 PM   #67
Shinesintx
Ten Point

Went out to ride my motorcycle one day and watched a woman jump out of the truck in front of me. Was doing about 40 mph...she got up and kept running. The truck kept going also.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:34 PM   #68
Boss Buck
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Stephen Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBV77 View Post
He asked for bizarre. That’s not bizarre at all. That’s completely normal.

It seems to be at the moment. I think it the Change.
Boss Buck is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 10:04 PM   #69
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:

She went by Maria....tall, long legs, white spandex mini skirt, black crop top & drank Dos Equis...her hair was dyed blonde...

My buddy does not like to talk about it even to this day...and "yes", we are still friends...
We may have crossed paths & never knew it...I graduated in 88 (spring 87) but did spend the 89 break at the island / stayed at our place in laguna vista & hit Matamoros.

I was close to the Kilroy deal & still kinda creeped out but not that close. I think the most sobering issue to me looking back is there was no inclination of that level of evil ever resurfacing nor tied to the whole narco culture at the time. I was in San Fernando every weekend during the early to mid 90's freelancing it in the boonies, then the big Zeta massacre happens 25 years later. That was a fun place & now is said to be ghost town after dark. Mex, once a place t be adored where Live dismemberments / burnings are a common thing today SOTB. The boogie man is real.

I think it's wrong to poke fun of the OP...Running across a cartel deal on a back road can make a valley boy yawn. You guys should hear stories from those that farm along the river.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 10:11 PM   #70
jsctx84
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kimble County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Buck View Post
It seems to be at the moment. I think it the Change.
Said in the voice of Slowpoke Rodriguez
jsctx84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 10:56 PM   #71
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
We may have crossed paths & never knew it...I graduated in 88 (spring 87) but did spend the 89 break at the island / stayed at our place in laguna vista & hit Matamoros.

I was close to the Kilroy deal & still kinda creeped out but not that close. I think the most sobering issue to me looking back is there was no inclination of that level of evil ever resurfacing nor tied to the whole narco culture at the time. I was in San Fernando every weekend during the early to mid 90's freelancing it in the boonies, then the big Zeta massacre happens 25 years later. That was a fun place & now is said to be ghost town after dark. Mex, once a place t be adored where Live dismemberments / burnings are a common thing today SOTB. The boogie man is real.

I think it's wrong to poke fun of the OP...Running across a cartel deal on a back road can make a valley boy yawn. You guys should hear stories from those that farm along the river.
PM sent...
Old 10-22-2018, 07:01 AM   #72
DEADEYE1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado county
Default Move

Quote:
Some things in life there are no good answers for. Things just happen. But still, there are times one may question why.

There’s not enough to write down and make a book out of it. Like the time my family and I accidentally drove upon a cartel drug deal going down in a remote area. Later on, that proved to be a scary and somewhat regretful discovery. None of us were looking for any such thing. We just happened to be in the area while admiring the beauty. One night, months later we were chased down on a lonesome stretch of Highway in that same state. The cartel people had made a note of our patterns. I honestly wasn’t sure if that was going to be the end of us. Relatives of mine unknowingly were near the same cartel operation and found themselves alone facing a group of well armed men in a rural location. They too weren’t sure if they were going to make it home ever again. Found out later that quite a few people in that county were in on the take. One person suspected of being involved was an elected official.

Some friends of mine in LE have mentioned that there have been times they’ve seen things that make no sense at all. Things you’d have to see to believe, because others may think you’re crazy.

A judge, I know well, had something happen to him that’s almost like out of a movie scene.

you need to move
DEADEYE1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 07:40 AM   #73
kkp005
Six Point

Hunt In: Madison County

Interesting thread for sure....
kkp005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 08:11 AM   #74
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 08:17 AM   #75
Moose
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wood/Wise County

One morning around 4 AM in 04 or 05 we were headed out for a September teal hunt on the north end of Lake Bridgeport. Right where the lake necks down to Trinity River channel there’s a hair pin turn, which I took going about 25 mph in my CC. As soon as we rounded the corner we noticed 2 run down old bass boats beached on the bank. I immediately slow down as I knew I was going to wake them, as soon I did we noticed there was a large bonfire with about 15-20 people gathered around it. All sorts from grown men to women with small children. They had apparently all driven down in an old school bus and were doing who knows what in the absolute middle of nowhere, as this wasn’t a park or boat ramp, just an old oilfield road that dead end into the old Green Elm bridge crossing. Needless to say they were none to happy about us waking their boats and began yelling threats at us as we apologized and slowly trolled by. We then headed up river another 1/2 mile or so to our hunting spot, as soon as we arrived we could hear them trying to start their boats and still yelling threats. They tried and tried to start their boats until they finally quit and that’s when they started shooting repeatedly, I’m talking at least 100 times while yelling threats. We then got pretty freaked out and decided to call the sheriff who handed us over to the GW who then wanted to argue with us over what county we were in and whether or not it was actually his area. We decided we’d wait them out and hope they were gone by noon the next day......that didn’t work. As we were approaching the old skeleton of a bridge I could see men running across it and hiding. So we did the only thing we could and laid the ears back and went by them at about 50 mph and ducking as low as we could. As we went by I could hear them yelling and scrambling around their bus. We hauled *** and went to the sheriffs dept to file a report. About a week later we got a visit from the Jack county GW who had heard our story and actually knew the people. Apparently it was a known family from Wizard Wells that was cooking meth and had multiple arrests warrants. He also said we were lucky to make it out alive as the head of the family was known to be violent and they had been trying to apprehend him for a while.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 07:38 AM   #76
Milkfisher
Four Point

I had high hopes for this thread....
Milkfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 07:41 AM   #77
Shinesintx
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkfisher View Post
I had high hopes for this thread....
Your post was a teaser...thought there’d be more stories.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:18 AM   #78
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......

Quote:

I remember when all this went down....we were in Matamoras that year
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 08:34 AM   #79
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam

A few years ago I was going through a bout of depression and insomnia so I started attending these support group meetings posing as a ball cancer patient. Along the way I way I met this junky named Marla at the meetings who is faking it like me so we become "friends". Then I met this guy on a flight named Tyler, who was a soap salesman(should have been my first clue) and we hit it off. Luckily for me he lets me move in with him after I found my apartment was toast from an explosion(2nd clue). One night on the way home from the bar Tyler starts a fight with me and the next thing I know we are having these fight clubs in bar basements all across the country. Things just really got out of hand from there and as it turns out Tyler was just my alternate ego, but by the time I realized that it was too late. I had to shoot myself in the face to stop him(me). I survived, now I'm just trying to dodge the feds for a few well placed explosions that Tyler had orchestrated.
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 08:50 AM   #80
TacticalCowboy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Southern Taylor County, Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsctx84 View Post
Where did this happen? Are you trying to tell us your in a real life no country for old men type situation? Extremely vague descriptions here.
One time, I was in the woods, and I saw some things.
TacticalCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 10:02 AM   #81
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
One time, I was in the woods, and I saw some things.
I've had a very similar experience. I am very lucky that I'm still here to tell it.
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 10:46 AM   #82
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:

6'1" with long legs and spandex mini skirt. No wonder you talked to her all night lol. Guessing she was quite the looker. Glad y'all made it out without incident. Creepy...
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 10:52 AM   #83
Shinesintx
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgHntr10 View Post
A few years ago I was going through a bout of depression and insomnia so I started attending these support group meetings posing as a ball cancer patient. Along the way I way I met this junky named Marla at the meetings who is faking it like me so we become "friends". Then I met this guy on a flight named Tyler, who was a soap salesman(should have been my first clue) and we hit it off. Luckily for me he lets me move in with him after I found my apartment was toast from an explosion(2nd clue). One night on the way home from the bar Tyler starts a fight with me and the next thing I know we are having these fight clubs in bar basements all across the country. Things just really got out of hand from there and as it turns out Tyler was just my alternate ego, but by the time I realized that it was too late. I had to shoot myself in the face to stop him(me). I survived, now I'm just trying to dodge the feds for a few well placed explosions that Tyler had orchestrated.
You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #84
HotRod Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public Land and have a lease in Huntsville thats only good for riding four wheelers and camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Once ended up in the back of a cop car for popping up out of the back of a pickup and shooting a prostitute with a SuperSoaker water gun over on Jensen Drive in Houston. That was a bizarre circumstance, but I didn't really "find" myself there as much as I "put" myself there.
That is Hilarious
HotRod Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 11:01 AM   #85
cricman
Ten Point

Hunt In: West of Weatherford

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that you just broke the first rule,.......

cricman
cricman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #86
HotRod Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public Land and have a lease in Huntsville thats only good for riding four wheelers and camping

Quote:
Huh? Can you repeat that one more time ? Can you start at a few years ago ? That’s about where I lost you .
Old 10-24-2018, 11:13 AM   #87
HotRod Hunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by boh347 View Post
Yeah, got thrown in jail for oil wrestling 2 chicks in a small pool at a bar in west Odessa.
Let me guess it’s probably because you weren’t supposed to be a contestant . You were drunk and just joined in the fun. not that there’s anything wrong with that
Old 10-24-2018, 11:52 AM   #88
bullhead44
Ten Point

i dont know how to embed videos, but this is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2AbvTL1TTM
bullhead44 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:00 PM   #89
DFA
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cottle and Grayson County

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
Huh? Can you repeat that one more time ? Can you start at a few years ago ? That’s about where I lost you .
Wait! was his last name Durden?
DFA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:22 PM   #90
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point

Hunt In: Florence, Doss, Fredericksburg

Quote:

This sounds similar to that movie "No Country for Old Men".
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #91
Eric Pence
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora

Quote:

I was there that week we went from 85-88 every year and it gives me chills knowing they were scouting the bars we were frequenting ,I Felt so sorry for that poor kid Mark Kilroy they got from UT...We had some crazy times in the Mat bars until the devil worshippers started playin ..
Eric Pence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #92
Yelladog
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post

My best friend at work is from Brownsville and we were talking about her a while back. He had some classes with her. He has pretty much said the same things y’all have. That’s some eerry stuff.

Yelladog is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 02:02 PM   #93
BitBackShot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano County

This is a 100% true story...

I was driving from Houston to College Station and exited the highway to get a drink. Think I was around Navasota. As I come over a hill heading down towards the gas station, I immediately see a man sitting in the middle of the road. What is he doing? Is he trying to commit suicide knowing he's out of sight for anyone that comes flying over that hill until it's almost too late? I slammed on my brakes and stopped about 10 feet from him...

To discover he's not sitting in the road, he's taking a massive dump. Right, smack-dab in the center of the exit ramp. Not on the side. Not in the grass near the road. Right in the middle. And judging by the size of the pile, waiting wasn't an option.

Super weird.
BitBackShot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 02:20 PM   #94
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Hunt In: Terrell and Val Verde County

Yep! I hunted on a ranch in west Texas that was owned by the sheriff. I was told 30k acres that hadn't been hunted in 10 years. I shoulda known since the information came from my then wife's uncle who used to work narcotics with the guy back in the day. The uncle said him and some other guys were coming out as well. Well 30K turned into 640 acres which, in that part of Texas, isn't squat. The sheriff kinda looked at me funny when I told him I worked for DPS and he wanted to know what I did for them. He seemed to chill out when he found out I was Highway Patrol.

Every day for a solid week a vehicle would pull down the highway and stop. A guy would get out and look straight at me at the camphouse. I was looking at him in binos and he was looking at me. Verrrrrrry odd. i never saw the sheriff before I left so I could ask him what that was all about.

About 6 months later I read in the newspaper that this particular sheriff was arrested for an enormous amount of cocaine in his horse trailer.

I was then pretty sure the guy watching me was either into moving narcotics or some narcotics agent was doing surveillance and I just happened to be there.

The wife's uncle and his buddies never showed up and for a long time I kept thinking I was going to be either brought in and interrogated or arrested.

Fortunately, I used a buddies truck to drive out there so the license plate number they had came back to him.
SabreKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #95
macoop
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBV77 View Post
There was a guy sitting Indian style on the shoulder of 51 facing the hiway last night between Weatherford and Springtown. He was right up on the white line and I didn’t see him until I was right up on him. This was about 11:30. It was definitely bizarre.

That was Elizabeth Warren’s brother.
macoop is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 03:53 PM   #96
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

Quote:
Originally Posted by macoop View Post
That was Elizabeth Warren’s brother.

Dang it! If I’d of known that I would of turned around, went back and ran over him.

MBV77 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-31-2019, 08:48 PM   #97
jsctx84
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kimble County

I’m bumping this troll
jsctx84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2019, 12:43 AM   #98
Bci2nd
Six Point

Headed to a halloween party one night with the wife and one of her college roommates. A crotch rocket passed us so fast, the air moved my truck. Made it to the next intersection and could see nothing but smoke. There was a cherokee pulling out and in no way could expect a motorcycle doing 150+ to come flying in. The cherokee was on its side, laying in the median with a 3ft deep indention in the rear. Told the wife and her roomy to stay in the truck. Helped the man and his kid out of the jeep. Shaken but not injured. I make my way over to the bike. It was laying on top of the rider. I picked it up off of him. He was lying chest down but looking straight up in the air. His helmet was halfway off of his head. His right shoulder was bent under his chest. His right foot/leg was twisted and his foot was where his shoulder should have been. I removed his helmet and tried checking his pupils. He was in agonal respiration. By this time a few other vehicles had shown up. I asked who was on the phone with 911. A lady raised her hand, i took her phone from her. I asked the dispatcher to start careflight along with the FD that was en route. She asked how I was qualified to make that request. I told her that we could discuss my credentials later but if this man was going to have a chance, he needed careflight. FD showed up and started attending and advised that dispatch told them they had already started careflight. One of the FD guys went to my truck because of the proximity to see if it was involved. He found my wife and her roomy crying. He asked if they were ok and they said yes, and my wife informed him they were just waiting on me to come back. The firefighter asked her, “is he the one in the dress thing?”

I had been attending this man as he lied dying in the road dressed as the grim reaper.

On the way home frisco pd was recreating the accident and I stopped to check on his condition. They told me careflight had gotten him to the hospital alive but the last update they had gotten was that it didnt look good.

This was october, I got a phone call in January asking if I could have lunch and talk about the wreck. He actually made it through.
Bci2nd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2019, 12:46 AM   #99
Kdurham
Ten Point

Default Ever found yourself in middle of bizarre circumstances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bci2nd View Post
Headed to a halloween party one night with the wife and one of her college roommates. A crotch rocket passed us so fast, the air moved my truck. Made it to the next intersection and could see nothing but smoke. There was a cherokee pulling out and in no way could expect a motorcycle doing 150+ to come flying in. The cherokee was on its side, laying in the median with a 3ft deep indention in the rear. Told the wife and her roomy to stay in the truck. Helped the man and his kid out of the jeep. Shaken but not injured. I make my way over to the bike. It was laying on top of the rider. I picked it up off of him. He was lying chest down but looking straight up in the air. His helmet was halfway off of his head. His right shoulder was bent under his chest. His right foot/leg was twisted and his foot was where his shoulder should have been. I removed his helmet and tried checking his pupils. He was in agonal respiration. By this time a few other vehicles had shown up. I asked who was on the phone with 911. A lady raised her hand, i took her phone from her. I asked the dispatcher to start careflight along with the FD that was en route. She asked how I was qualified to make that request. I told her that we could discuss my credentials later but if this man was going to have a chance, he needed careflight. FD showed up and started attending and advised that dispatch told them they had already started careflight. One of the FD guys went to my truck because of the proximity to see if it was involved. He found my wife and her roomy crying. He asked if they were ok and they said yes, and my wife informed him they were just waiting on me to come back. The firefighter asked her, “is he the one in the dress thing?”

I had been attending this man as he lied dying in the road dressed as the grim reaper.

On the way home frisco pd was recreating the accident and I stopped to check on his condition. They told me careflight had gotten him to the hospital alive but the last update they had gotten was that it didnt look good.

This was october, I got a phone call in January asking if I could have lunch and talk about the wreck. He actually made it through.

That is awesome man. Thanks for stopping! It’s amazing what the human body can live through.
One question: why did you remove his helmet? I thought that was supposed to stay on or was it almost off and not close to being secure?

Kdurham is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2019, 01:03 AM   #100
Bci2nd
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdurham View Post
That is awesome man. Thanks for stopping! It’s amazing what the human body can live through.
One question: why did you remove his helmet? I thought that was supposed to stay on or was it almost off and not close to being secure?

He didnt have it strapped on. The bottom of it was just above his eyes. Removing it didn’t jeopardize his c-spine anymore than was already done.
Bci2nd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top