No announcement yet.

For those who use AR 15s for deer hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for the Grendel , love mine so far !

Comment

I have shot 3 deer with a 6.5 Grendel with Hornady 123 SST's. Does a ton of damage and the deer do not go far but I have not had an exit wound yet which I am not too thrilled about.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
        I have shot 3 deer with a 6.5 Grendel with Hornady 123 SST's. Does a ton of damage and the deer do not go far but I have not had an exit wound yet which I am not too thrilled about.
        Use the Barnes TTSX I have had 100% passthroughs......and 100% fail to open.

I use 120gr NBT and get consistent exits about silver dollar sized on lung shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post

I use 120gr NBT and get consistent exits about silver dollar sized on lung shots.
          Thanks!

Comment

Grendel and 308

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
              Grendel and 308

Originally posted by IOWA BOW HUNTER View Post
              308. or 300 blackout

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
              You said it but I thought it HAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by tpepper70 View Post
              Hmmmmmm,,,,,

Hmmmmmmm indeed. Must be a new 308 that will fit in an AR 15 platform that we’re not familiar with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Hmmmmmmm indeed. Must be a new 308 that will fit in an AR 15 platform that we’re not familiar with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Uh,,,,,yep.

Comment

probably a dumb question but is a 6.8mm the same as a 6.8spc?

Comment

AR10 is a 308

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                      One of my friends really wants a 25-45, have you used it on deer/pigs?
                      3 deer one pig this year. I will have 4 barrels total now.

Barrels are cheap. Best standard mag and bolt option.

Comment

Originally posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
                        probably a dumb question but is a 6.8mm the same as a 6.8spc?
                        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by snipermedic View Post
                          3 deer one pig this year. I will have 4 barrels total now.

Barrels are cheap. Best standard mag and bolt option.
                          Very cool. What ammo are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post

Yeah it sounds like the grendel doesn't have enough giddyup to open 6.5 TTSXs consistently (although I wonder if the 100s would open better)

Conversely the SSTs tend the fragment in the faster 6.5s, but work okay in the grendel.

If I was loading for grendel I'd start with noslers, the guys who shoot them a lot seem to like them for it.

Comment

I have been eyeballing this beaut since it came out. sends a shiver up my leg!
                              Check out the expanded 224 Valkyrie line.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                                Yeah it sounds like the grendel doesn't have enough giddyup to open 6.5 TTSXs consistently (although I wonder if the 100s would open better)

Conversely the SSTs tend the fragment in the faster 6.5s, but work okay in the grendel.

If I was loading for grendel I'd start with noslers, the guys who shoot them a lot seem to like them for it.
                                The rule of thumb for years was that if your gun would not shoot sub MOA with factory AA 120gr NBT there was a problem with your upper.

Comment

Working...
                                X