X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The newguy View Post

my unit 28 buck
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, as small as that unit is I don't think I'd call out the unit name. Might get some company because of that pic.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
      Man, as small as that unit is I don't think I'd call out the unit name. Might get some company because of that pic.

Some guys never learn. Lol

Comment

LBJ Grasslands 2016-2017

Went out yesterday and looked around on a unit I've never step foot on before. Saw some active trails between plots of dropping oak trees. Heard some something stirring in he woods to the right of me so I ran behind a big oak tree. The first herd was 12 deer that walked by no further than 15 yards away, all does and fawns.

Once they cleared, I was just about to see where they went when I heard more deer coming. This group was a bachelor herd of 7 bucks. 3 spikes, 2 basket racks, and two of the biggest bucks I've seen out there in person or on cam.

I waited until they cleared and marked the trail on my GPS. Going to hang stands tomorrow.

Saw a lot of deer moving. Mostly does and fawns.

Comment

Sounds like you found one of my honey holes Leon . Hope ya stick-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
            Went out yesterday and looked around on a unit I've never step foot on before. Saw some active trails between plots of dropping oak trees. Heard some something stirring in he woods to the right of me so I ran behind a big oak tree. The first herd was 12 deer that walked by no further than 15 yards away, all does and fawns.

Once they cleared, I was just about to see where they went when I heard more deer coming. This group was a bachelor herd of 7 bucks. 3 spikes, 2 basket racks, and two of the biggest bucks I've seen out there in person or on cam.

I waited until they cleared and marked the trail on my GPS. Going to hang stands tomorrow.

Saw a lot of deer moving. Mostly does and fawns.

What do you drive and how long will you be hunting saturday???

Comment

I'll be hunting my lease Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                I'll be hunting my lease Saturday.

You need to give me a call when you come up here. I have some turkey feathers for you. and I'll buy lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                  You need to give me a call when you come up here. I have some turkey feathers for you. and I'll buy lunch.

Well hell yeah....[emoji6]

Comment

Well, y'all all seem much more prepared than me this year. Did a lot of scouting and prep work up around Caddo and several cams didn't pick up a single buck in almost 2 months. Lots of pics of dogs and pigs though. I'm just gonna have to wing it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                      Well, y'all all seem much more prepared than me this year. Did a lot of scouting and prep work up around Caddo and several cams didn't pick up a single buck in almost 2 months. Lots of pics of dogs and pigs though. I'm just gonna have to wing it this year.

The day before yesterday was my first trip out there.

Comment

Nice Buck

Originally posted by The newguy View Post

my unit 28 buck
                        I'm setup close by. I'll post pics after I kill him Just kidding! Let us know how that goes!

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                          I'm setup close by. I'll post pics after I kill him Just kidding! Let us know how that goes!
                          Hey Troy. If you need help with anything, you have my number. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            Hey Troy. If you need help with anything, you have my number. Good luck!
                            Absolutely, thanks brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                              Good luck.

Those neighbors have had their doors beat down. They have learned to say No.

The Forest Service has attempted to acquire easements to landlocked units on the LBJ. All adjoining neighbors denied access. I can't say I blame them.

The neighbors deal with trespassers/poachers every year and I would be real surprised if you gain access. Best of luck.
                              Froggy knows what he is talking about, on this subject. You can blame the duck hunters. They continually trashed his land, many years ago,

Comment

What exactly did y'all search on ARCGIS to find LBJ?

Comment

Working...
                                X