Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close Call Today

Could've been bad today.

Got out of class today and started my drive home. Came to the stoplight that I do every single day and waited for it to turn green. Light turns green, I start to drive behind the car in front of me to make a left turn. As I start to move I see a silver pickup coming towards the light from the left on the road we were turning into but pay no attention to it as I figured it was any other normal car that would come to a stop at the light.

Lucky for me, the car in front of me noticed what I didn't and that the pickup was hauling butt in the oncoming lane of traffic that we were about to turn on. He slammed his breaks and I slammed on mine and just a car lengths away, the pickup I had seen about 100 yards away, zipped past us not even half a second later. We stayed at dead halt in the middle of the intersection and watched the pickup fly past us still in the opposite lane of traffic. She barreled straight towards a little car who narrowly avoided a head-on. Just as the pickup was up to pass the top of the hill, a suburban came over the top and by a miracle, managed to avoid what would've been a brutal head-on collision as this person was going at least 90 and not once even tapped on the brakes.

Pickup disappeared over the hill and I began to drive off but turned around knowing on the other side of that hill, there was a huge chance someone was going to die. Lady managed to make it past 2 lights and 2 sharp curves before she made it to a major intersection and t-boned 2 cars and crashed into two others. Impact was so rough that not a single car was left in the street. All the cars had been sent into a little ditch on the side of the road.

Sorry for long read, but remember to not let your guard down. I did and almost got it.

dangerous world we live in. easy to forget.

Comment

Glad you're okay and hope you stayed and told LEO's what you saw the truck do.

Comment

Thank GOD you werent injured!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
          Thanks.

Did but no statement from me as I didn't see the actual accident happen, just drove up right after it happened. Plus there were people lining up to give statements which= no court for me

Comment

Pretty scary. I got hit by a lady in a pickup exactly 1 year ago today under similar circumstances. Lady ran a red while I was making a left turn under the protected green arrow. She totaled 2 trucks (my Tahoe and her Titan). She told the cop she had a green light and had the nerve to take a picture of my license plate as she walked to the ambulance. Luckily, I had a witness who confirmed I had the green arrow.

Be careful out there!

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
              Pretty scary. I got hit by a lady in a pickup exactly 1 year ago today under similar circumstances. Lady ran a red while I was making a left turn under the protected green arrow. She totaled 2 trucks (my Tahoe and her Titan). She told the cop she had a green light and had the nerve to take a picture of my license plate as she walked to the ambulance. Luckily, I had a witness who confirmed I had the green arrow.

Be careful out there!
              Wow. Some people.

Glad you're ok

Comment

Wow

Comment

Man glad you were not hurt

Comment

glad you're OK. life can be scary.

didn't you notice that the pickup was going too fast when you first saw it?

Comment

Originally posted by Conquest View Post
                      glad you're OK. life can be scary.

didn't you notice that the pickup was going too fast when you first saw it?
                      Nope pretty much just shot a quick glance and looked back at the light.

Comment

Wow. Close call. Glad u weren't hurt.

Comment

I wonder what is going through some people's minds. I had a car going 70+mph in the wrong way on Hwy 288 south of Houston last year. That had to be one of the scariest moments...Mainly because my wife and girls were about a mile behind me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                            I wonder what is going through some people's minds. I had a car going 70+mph in the wrong way on Hwy 288 south of Houston last year. That had to be one of the scariest moments...Mainly because my wife and girls were about a mile behind me.
                            I'm sure not a lot...which is the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                              For sure--step up and be counted. And, thankfully God was watching out for you and the person in front of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X