Old Sabine Bottom WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Sabine Bottom WMA

Anybody on this forum hunt the old sabine WMA in lindale? have seen alot of nice bucks there, but havn't got one yet....i like it out there i see deer every time i go out there.whats everybody else's take on old sabine?

Out of all the public lands that I hunt I hunt there the most. I love that place and have had good success there. I have been unsuccessful on deer there this year but have taken a couple hogs already. I plan on going Sunday. I'm going to bow hunt the morning and if I dont see much I'll thunder stick (Rifled Barrel Slug Gun) in the afternoon/evening. It's going to be a bit on the chilly side. Might see you there.

Comment

i have been wanting to go hog hunting up there and was wondering what the hog population was like there.

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
        i have been wanting to go hog hunting up there and was wondering what the hog population was like there.
        It's good. Like any public land you just have to find them. Ive been out there 7 or 8 times this season and I always see fresh sign but those guys are always on the move. I've never hunted the ATV side and I see alot of people hunting the ATV side. Ive always had good luck on the other side. I'll be out on Sunday...I'm taking my son bow hunting in the morning and maybe shotgun for hogs in the afternoon.

Comment

good luck this weekend and hopefully yall can put some meat in the freezer. I would love to take my dad up there sometime and see if we can find some. def nof afraid of puttin in some miles and seein what we can find. just wondering if its worth the drive.

Comment

The general season for hogs opens this Saturday. There are some of us getting together on Sunday to do some Hog hunting. 3-4 guys so far, anyone is welcome to hook up with us. Did a hunt 2 weeks ago and saw 15 hogs, 13 in 1 group but couldn't get a shot. Jumped 1 big boar out of some cane got 2 shots off but missed. 1 other pig we jumped out of some more cane but it was too thick to see the hog, no shot.

Comment

Pig hunten

When and where I'm off on mon and tues can someone call me 817/903-4686 and let me know I live in Arlington

Comment

Me and my boy are headed out there Monday morning. I'm strictly there to try to get him his first hog. He is so excited, I'm hoping he will have some good luck. I think I may be more excited than he is.

Comment

I was thinking the rain might let up this past Sunday but it didn't. It was a wash out, the rain never stopped. We pushed out of duck marsh hit the south side of king lake and then headed north. Little sign but it was raining alot. Didn't even jump a hog, that doesn't happen very often. Better luck next time. Did yall have any luck Boarstalker?

Comment

We killed two earlier in the season off of Duck Marsh between 9/11 and one in 10. Monday we hunted on the west side of 1804 and scared up one hog but my boy could never get a shot off, he finally lost us. When I get back in town we'll give it another shot. Maybe Sunday.

Comment

Sunday was a bust in the afternoon, 1 1/2miles in and it started to rain...not real hard but steady. Awesome...but I have to say my little buddy wasn't bothered one bit. He impresses me everytime we go out. I promised him he will get one by the end of the season. I cant wait.
                      Last edited by Boar Stalker; 01-24-2011, 11:07 PM. Reason: I spell like a child.

Comment

We are planning the annual Richland Creek hog hunt, you should go with us. We have never come out of there empty handed. Hell were practically neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by porkchop View Post
                          We are planning the annual Richland Creek hog hunt, you should go with us. We have never come out of there empty handed. Hell were practically neighbors.
                          Let me know when. I've signed my son up for the Texas Big Nasty Hog Contest Feb.13th through Mar.13th so I'm mostly focused on him getting a hog but he wont mind if I head out on my own.

Comment

Anybody been out lately?

Comment

Reedjj have you ever had any luck with deer out there. I have been there one time and was not real sure where to go or even a direction. Some advice would be helpfull

Comment

Working...
                              X