Shot critique (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot critique (video)

Please see the attached for your critique and advice. Shooting at 20 yards.

Richard.

Not claiming to be an expert, but basic things I see right are: easy and flowing shot sequence, draw arm in line with arrow, bow hand solid and up until arrow hits target and right hand stayed up and followed back through nicely after release. Focus seem good also. Plus, you seemed to expand chest and get the back involved in getting to full draw.

Did arrows go where you looked? Betting they did.

Comment

Looked good to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You really need to bend that bow arm a little. Not that you can't shoot well like you have it but eventually you will have health issues with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          You really need to bend that bow arm a little. Not that you can't shoot well like you have it but eventually you will have health issues with it.
          Just curious what do you mean by health issues? Shoulder issues I assume?

How would shooting with a straight bow arm lead to shoulder issues more so than shooting with a bend arm?

I would think that if you are shooting with a straight bow arm there are less tendons/muscles that could be strained because you are aligning all of the bones in your arm in a straight line.

Comment

If you lock in bone on bone the joint and cartilage is taking the load. Do that too much and you will get arthritic joints and cartilage degradation.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              If you lock in bone on bone the joint and cartilage is taking the load. Do that too much and you will get arthritic joints and cartilage degradation.

Gary
              gotcha

Comment

Working...
              X