Sarrels Black Hills vs BW PSR V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarrels Black Hills vs BW PSR V

I bare shaft tuned some gold tip traditionals for my 58" 47@27 Sarrels BlackHills and my Black Widow 56" 43@27 PSR V. I plan on shooting in the open and wood class at Vanderpool. The finished tuned arrows came out to 580 grains and was surprised at how well the bows handled these arrows. Bobs bow was half the price of the widow and shot the arrows right with it. Here is some pics of the grouping. The first pic is the BlackHills grouping, the 2nd is the PSR and the 3rd is both at the same time.
    Last edited by BowBuddy; 07-23-2014, 05:42 PM.

What distance are those shots from? Are you trying to decide which one to shoot? I'm not familiar with any of the black widows, but I'm assuming it's a long bow as well.

I'm really loving the black hills I just bought from a friend. I'll be shooting it in the open class too.

Comment

Price and names don't mean squat. It's what fits you and your confidence when shooting it. Of course with Bob, you can get a great longbow AND recuve for the price of one BW.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
        What distance are those shots from? Are you trying to decide which one to shoot? I'm not familiar with any of the black widows, but I'm assuming it's a long bow as well.

I'm really loving the black hills I just bought from a friend. I'll be shooting it in the open class too.
        the black widow is a recurve I'm gonna try 4 classes at vanderpool I wanted a Longbow around the same poundage as my widow. I would not have gotten the Sarrels if it did not feel good to shoot it is an excellent shooting Bow. I will run it through a chrony to see what it does with a 580 grain arrow. my 43# PSR shoots a 540 grain fir arrow 175fps. I bareshaft tuned those gold tip traditionals with the weight adjustment even though they weigh more than the fir arrows I think the will shoot faster. you could see that. every time I bareshaft tune an arrow I always get a heavier and faster arrow than anticipated.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
          the black widow is a recurve I'm gonna try 4 classes at vanderpool I wanted a Longbow around the same poundage as my widow. I would not have gotten the Sarrels if it did not feel good to shoot it is an excellent shooting Bow. I will run it through a chrony to see what it does with a 580 grain arrow. my 43# PSR shoots a 540 grain fir arrow 175fps. I bareshaft tuned those gold tip traditionals with the weight adjustment even though they weigh more than the fir arrows I think the will shoot faster. you could see that. every time I bareshaft tune an arrow I always get a heavier and faster arrow than anticipated.
          How far back are you drawing that Recurve(or whats your draw) to get that kinda speed out of a 43# recurve with a 540gr arrow?

Comment

27 inches

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
              How far back are you drawing that Recurve(or whats your draw) to get that kinda speed out of a 43# recurve with a 540gr arrow?
              27"

Comment

Friday ill verify my claims my son wants to shoot his new Sarrels. I havevideo camera and ill verify my claims my PSA is 54@27 and it shoots a 560 grain arrow at 185 fps. I think pound for pound the PL I have is the slowest widow I have its 57@27 and it hits 180 fps and it shoots 560 grain arrow.

Comment

The BlackHills is a great shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                    Friday ill verify my claims my son wants to shoot his new Sarrels. I havevideo camera and ill verify my claims my PSA is 54@27 and it shoots a 560 grain arrow at 185 fps. I think pound for pound the PL I have is the slowest widow I have its 57@27 and it hits 180 fps and it shoots 560 grain arrow.
                    You need a Barbee string or two

Comment

You have so many fantastic choices that testing is fun!

Comment

You're shootin' good, see ya at Vanderpool.

Comment

I found my scale and the fir arrows I was shooting weighed 515gr.

Comment

Working...
                          X