Opening Weekend vs. Waiting For Prime Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Weekend vs. Waiting For Prime Time

I'm pretty anxious for opening weekend of bow season to roll around, but I'm not sure if I should go opening weekend if it's still 90 degrees, or leave things undisturbed and wait until the next cool down. From looking at trail camera pictures from last year, there was definitely increased buck activity in October when a front came through. I was just curious if anyone had any pros, cons, or experiences that lead them to go one way or the other.

*** I've saved some vacation days for the purpose of being able to take off during the week ***

I just go when I can go, and don't worry about the rest.

Rick

Comment

Same as Rick. But, the past week or so, it's been in the 60's at my place in the mornings.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunt when you can and where the wind dictates big deer are killed every day of season Good luck

Comment

The "I can't kill a deer if I'm not there" idea has definitely crossed my mind...

Comment

Last night it got down to 61 here.

Comment

I'm moving to the ranch September 23rd. I'll get back to you in January.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be there opening morning for sure. I'm not trying to kill a big buck though. Any legal deer is getting an arrow this year. If I were looking for horns I'd still go hunting, but save my best spot for a little later in the season and a good cool morning.

Comment

I'm a fan of hunting marginal spots early and saving the best spots for the rut, that's why I have four places to hunt. I don't crowd them too much doing that.

Comment

I'll be there opening weekend and every weekend after that... can't kill them from the couch.

Comment

Not always the best hunting, but time is the woods is better then anytime at work.
                      Like above you might try to give your "best" spots a little time, but I can't seem to make myself stay away.

Comment

I'm working on my 3rd setup right now. Two here on my home place, and one on the family farm. Never hurts to have options.

Rick

Comment

opening wknd

Opening weekend. is a tradition for me, will be there. For sure be some cooking and goings on. Then we'll see about the hunting. D

Comment

It's not always about what you see are what you shoot it's just about being in the woods watching nature and learning the direction the game are coming from ..Plus you never know what can walk out at any given day are moment and beside being in deer camp is fun on its own!

Comment

I've never killed a deer on opening day with a bow. But I've never killed a deer sitting on the couch either. So there's that......

Comment

Working...
                              X