Canyon Lake Archery Club/TBoT shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canyon Lake Archery Club/TBoT shoot

I am thinking of going to this shoot and was wondering what to expect? I've never been to a 3D shoot or a trad shoot for that matter. How does a newbie go about registering? My max effective range is not very far so I would be concerned flinging arrows at targets beyond my comfort zone. How many arrows should I take for this? Seems like it woud be a fun time.

I lost 5 to the TBOT in Fredericksburg, 1 was broken. I had my son with me though. He made fart sounds when I shot.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
      I lost 5 to the TBOT in Fredericksburg, 1 was broken. I had my son with me though. He made fart sounds when I shot.
      Note to self.....don't take my kids.

Comment

It's a great shoot set up really well. It's a mini Vanderpool, flat ground as well as up and down shots. Great warm up for Vanderpool, but not as hard on you as Vanderpool. I carry 4 arrows, can't afford to loose more than that!lol

Comment

You can register at the shoot.

If you don't plan on turning in a card, and the group you are with doesn't care, shoot from where you are comfortable. But, take plenty of arrows, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
            Note to self.....don't take my kids.
            No,take the kids. They can shoot from where ever they want and they get a ribbon of something to take home.

Comment

do not try to out shoot the old man that owns Canyon lake archery. back about 30 yrs ago when he owned Viking archery, old Tim was quiet good at traditional shooting

Comment

Just show up. Everything else will just fall into place.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                  Just show up. Everything else will just fall into place.

Comment

Thanks for the input all. I'm looking forward to it. I would like to take my boys but my oldest is only four and I have not introduced him to archery yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
                      Thanks for the input all. I'm looking forward to it. I would like to take my boys but my oldest is only four and I have not introduced him to archery yet.
                      I introduced my son to archery when he was 2.

Comment

Actually...its Viking Archery still..its just close to Canyon Lake. Tim and Lannie Whiteford are good folks..enjoy your shoot.

Comment

I went to the Canyon Lake TBOT shoot a couple years ago and had a blast. I went with a buddy of mine who lives kind of close and who had never shot any kind of bow before. I was a relative newbie myself, but at least I had made a few shoots before. Needless to say, my buddy broke and lost all six of his arrows, then proceeded to break a couple more of mine that I loaned him! I broke a few, too. But we both had lots of fun.

Although the distance will probably keep me from going this year, I highly recommend the shoot. If you go, just tell them you're new and that it's your first time. That's what we did, and they paired us up with some club members/volunteers who showed us a great time.

I'm from the Dallas area, so I'm not used to the spectacular scenery of the Hill Country. The drive to the shoot was awesome, and the grounds were just as scenic. If I lived in the area, I'd join that club in a heartbeat if they'd take me in, and I'd shoot there as often as I could.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                            The Canyon Lake TBoT shoot SHOULD not be like Fredericksburg was. Canyon Lake has a recent hisstory of setting up very shooter friendly trad courses. If this shoot is like the last several at Canyon Lake it would be a GREAT place to introduce yourseld to trad 3D archery. Come on out and join us............I would be willing to bet you will have a blast.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              The Canyon Lake TBoT shoot SHOULD not be like Fredericksburg was. Canyon Lake has a recent hisstory of setting up very shooter friendly trad courses. If this shoot is like the last several at Canyon Lake it would be a GREAT place to introduce yourseld to trad 3D archery. Come on out and join us............I would be willing to bet you will have a blast.

Bisch
                              That is great to hear, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X