No announcement yet.

Heart of texas bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW.............i just looked and your right.........that has to be a typo......it has always been 9 and under has to be 120 minimum.......i will confirm with kevin

Comment

We went last year and I had more deer in front of me....it was awesome!! Thursday just cannot get here quick enough, we will be there through the weekend.

Comment

Looking at the website it looks like they have an over population of 8 pointers. I only saw 2 mainframe tens on there photos. Looks like there are a bunch of deer.

Comment

Well...any updates?

Comment

went last weekend 2 cull bucks shot 1 doe and 1 axis spike. Hunting was a little hard with all the rain the had and the full moon not much coming to the corn.

Comment

I think the place looks amazing...BUT is it high fenced??? I've searched the website numerous times and i know they have an exotic or two but could be free ranging animals due the wide acrage. But price wise and hype, Im fantasizing on going myself.

Comment

Not highfenced... 4k low fence

So far biggest this year are 136 and 142 buck... Kevin said he expects 5-6 P&Y this week.

My best friends place back up to his. There are a few 150-170 running around out there.. I know for a fact.

Comment

Who shot the 148 8pt this weekend? Heard he was stud

Comment

It was two guys from Pennsylvania. They walked up on the deer while going back for lunch. IT WAS AN UNREAL STUD. It was truly an 8 of a lifetime. That deer had it all; age, mass, mass, mass, length and character. It also had several little stickers around the bases.

Here's the rub, it had been shot about three hours earlier from about 500 yards of my location and made it nearly a mile south by 11:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                      It was two guys from Pennsylvania. They walked up on the deer while going back for lunch. IT WAS AN UNREAL STUD. It was truly an 8 of a lifetime. That deer had it all; age, mass, mass, mass, length and character. It also had several little stickers around the bases.

Here's the rub, it had been shot about three hours earlier from about 500 yards of my location and made it nearly a mile south by 11:30.

Glad they found it!!!! Was it a decent shot or suspect?

Talked to Kevin Sunday and he said it was a good one. Did anyone get a wide 8 with short brows???

Comment

The deer ran nearly a mile and was still on his feet when shot at lunch time, I'll let you decide on the shot quality. Oh BTW it was quartering to him.

There were two bucks shot on the Price ranch both around 120. I didn't get any specific details on them.

I had a great time and plan to return next year. I had a chance at a management deer on Friday but was run off by a young 8 and missed a just legal 8 on Sunday after hitting a branch with my arrow. That required liquid therapy.

Once again, I can't wait to return. These guys do it right and give you a chance a very nice deer if you do your part.

Comment

I can't wait to plan a hunt now that i know its low fence. I don't like hunting the petting zoo so much

Comment

Working...
                          X