bowfishin deck in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bowfishin deck in progress

i had the itch to build a new deck this past weekend. so i went to my junkyard and got what i needed.

then 3 hours and a 12 pack (of big reds) later
    i still need a few more hours for the lights and knee bar, and drink holders and the trolling motor.
    but heres what i got for now
    Attached Files

Looks pretty good, but gonna be heavy.

Comment

it only weighs about 55 pounds currently, but when i am all don it will ba around 75 to 80

Comment

Thats not too bad.

Comment

Looks like you might could use a little more Boat

Comment

ii know its only a 14 footer and only 38" wide but i have been trying to find some small pontoons i could add to the side since i cant aford a bigger boat right now. mostly its only for two people cuz other than that the drinks disappear too fast!!!!

Comment

been there got wet. Outriggers will help for sure

Comment

What about using some big, long pieces of PVC for pontoons? Put caps on each end.

Comment

Better wear swimming short and leave all phones wallets and such in the truck!!!!

Comment

That is exactly like what I have been thinking of building for my boat.....we bowfish the pedernales river a ton during the summer and small jon boats are the only way to go on............I think I am gonna build mine out of aluminum though for weight issues....sucks dragging a boat up the rapids and the less weight the better.....

Comment

You need to bring your boat to my place this summer and fish with us on the Pedernales....Got tons of fish......

Comment

when i calculate pvc, if i had 6 feet of 4-inch on each side it only gives me ~ 63 pounds of buoyancy. i am not sure yet what to use but i am keeping an eye out.

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                          ii know its only a 14 footer and only 38" wide but i have been trying to find some small pontoons i could add to the side since i cant aford a bigger boat right now. mostly its only for two people cuz other than that the drinks disappear too fast!!!!
                          Pontoons sound like an excellent idea! My grandpa stood up in a boat that size one time and ended up diving to the bottom to retreive his trolling motor battery!

Comment

Be Carefull!!!!

Comment

they do make 6 inch pvc just a thought.
                              matt

Comment

Working...
                              X