Boil it in oxyclean

Comment

bury it under ground for a month

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
        so much work... clean it up, dry it out, and spray paint it white
        Don't paint it.

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
        I found that if I sprayed with Binz or Kilz to seal it, then painted they looked great. I posted one on the DIY thread here a couple years ago, it came out nice in black with gold leaf cutters.
        Again, don't paint it.

Originally posted by DeepDownSouth View Post
        Bleach does wonders
        Bleach, especially Clorox, will destroy the bone.

Originally posted by Duke1227 View Post
        Boil it in oxyclean
        And the skull will get brittle and chalky.

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
        bury it under ground for a month
        And it will look worse, when you dig it up.

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
        I degrease hogs, bears, etc. for a minimum of 3 months before attempting to whiten
        What Jason said. You don't have all the grease out of it. It's a very long process, if done correctly. Like killerbee said, I use a heated tank for degreasing.

Comment

Try some Simple Green cleaner--it took care of the oil stain on our buddy's concrete patio where the turkey fryer boiled over--

Comment

Let my wife cook it. It will be bleached out and dryer than a popcorn farther in no time!

Comment

Originally posted by killerbee View Post
              X2 Google hog degreasing. I made a tank that stays at 110 degrees......takes about a month or more in dawn and among a at that temp.
              This but can take up to 4 months for a hog skull

Comment

The taxi that brings me hog skulls to hydro dip, soaks the skulls in gasoline and it seems to get the grease out. Other wise I would not be able to get the base coat of paint to adhere and I have not had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
                  The taxi that brings me hog skulls to hydro dip, soaks the skulls in gasoline and it seems to get the grease out. Other wise I would not be able to get the base coat of paint to adhere and I have not had any problems.

Gasoline or white gas?

Comment

My way was way easier than these recommendations:
                    1. Shot hog.
                    2. Pretend not to be able to find it.
                    3. Two years later, 'stumble' across skull (near broken arrow).
                    4. Pick up missing teeth.
                    5. Take home and clean up.
                    6. Display.

Comment

Thanks for all the helpful replies. Gonna clean it up and put it back in the degreaser bucket for a long while.

Comment

My process only takes 10 minutes[emoji12] [emoji3] [emoji41]

Comment

What processor did I miss the joke?

μολν λαβ

Comment

I've done dozens of euros. I've never "degreased" anything.

If you've simmered it clean, I soak it in a bleach water solution for about 30mins, let it dry and then mix the peroxide paste and quick white in to the consistency of cake icing and cake it on the skull. I let it sit overnight with a heater on it. Next morning. It's done.

Comment

Bad news, your in a corner on this effort. Good news, white paint of your choosing will make it all better. Nice skull btw.

Comment

I've had good luck soaking pig skulls in acetone to dissolve the grease, typically only takes a couple of weeks completely submerged in acetone. Take them out and let them dry, if they still have dark areas soak them some more. I've never had to degrease like this with deer. I put on high concentration hydrogen peroxide to whiten them after degreasing.

Comment

Working...
                                X