Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
    Ring the bell for the DD haters!!

My experience has been that the attractiveness/addictive qualities of DD have been seen/proven for me on a ranch wide scale over the last 3 years. There is no disputing that deer eat more DD than other brands.

DD has a “secret” ingredient to attract deer that isn’t peanuts [emoji6]
    Deer love some black licorice!!

A lot of feed suppliers will add anise flavor to feed if you are buying in bulk and ask for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      I'd be very interested in your results... your intentions seem pure and unbiased. I too think they're both really good feeds, just the constant hype of DD being this miracle feed drives me nuts. .
      Yes...Desperation at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        Yes...Desperation at its best.

Hater #1 has arrived!

Comment

Originally posted by peyton View Post
          hater #1 has arrived!
          lol!

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
            Deer love some black licorice!!

A lot of feed suppliers will add anise flavor to feed if you are buying in bulk and ask for it.
            I've noticed LnE smells alot like black licorice, does DD also?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              I've noticed LnE smells alot like black licorice, does DD also?
              Yes. Strong licorice and peanut smell. IMO, it smells better than all the competitor brands. The licorice smell is from the anise they spray on it to make it more attractive to the deer. It works. I think the peanut taste is what makes them eat a lot of it. Deer love peanuts.

Comment

You won’t find me on any DD advertising. I am only a customer.

I’ve tried to share my experience here before, only to be bashed by the 100 acre lease hunters who hate DD just because of the marketing style, not because they’ve tried it. Look beyond the marketing at the ingredients, consistency, TDN, and consumption/attractiveness and you will see it’s an above average feed. If I didn’t believe, I wouldn’t have bought 450 tons of DD.
                Holy Chit I cant imagine footing (or even being a contributing member) your feed bill .

glad to hear you are getting good results out of it. That is the bottom line, and all anybody should be looking for

Comment

How often are these bucks coming to the feed pen? I would bet they are not local and just swinging by to check the does. I don't see switching proteins, making them turn into protein hogs.

Comment

You won’t find me on any DD advertising. I am only a customer.

I’ve tried to share my experience here before, only to be bashed by the 100 acre lease hunters who hate DD just because of the marketing style, not because they’ve tried it. Look beyond the marketing at the ingredients, consistency, TDN, and consumption/attractiveness and you will see it’s an above average feed. If I didn’t believe, I wouldn’t have bought 450 tons of DD.
                    Surely a DD flatbill came with that order!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
                      Yes. Strong licorice and peanut smell. IMO, it smells better than all the competitor brands. The licorice smell is from the anise they spray on it to make it more attractive to the deer. It works. I think the peanut taste is what makes them eat a lot of it. Deer love peanuts.
                      Gotcha, appreciate the response

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                        How often are these bucks coming to the feed pen? I would bet they are not local and just swinging by to check the does. I don't see switching proteins, making them turn into protein hogs.
                        The 2 large WT's are there regularly...almost daily. The one large muley buck is there maybe once a week or so, but mule deer seem to pattern weird like that sometime.

Comment

anyone who challenges Status Quo is considered a hater...fine with me

But when you lie about the type of fence on the Holden ranch where all the advertisement comes from, it steers alot of people the wrong way about the protein.

Just be honest thats my only issue

Comment

I've mixed protein and roasted soybeans.....what a nightmare doing the actual mixing by hand.....huge PITA and not worth the labor. How would you mix it?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                              I've mixed protein and roasted soybeans.....what a nightmare doing the actual mixing by hand.....huge PITA and not worth the labor. How would you mix it?

Feeder holds over 1100 lbs. We just alternate bags as w fill. As the feed falls into the tubes it mixes. It’s actually very consistently mixed done this way. We do it all the time when we add soybeans or golden nuggets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                                Feeder holds over 1100 lbs. We just alternate bags as w fill. As the feed falls into the tubes it mixes. It’s actually very consistently mixed done this way. We do it all the time when we add soybeans or golden nuggets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Gotcha. It never worked that well in my 1200lb boss buck. One tube would have all soybeans and one protein.... Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X