Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Brownwood State Park

Any of you guys hunt here before?

My wife was drawn to hunt here this year, and we don't know too much about the place.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Your Gonna Have A Great Hunt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Comment

I was drawn for an antlerless hunt two years ago. It was the third hunt in three weeks at the park and the deer hid very well. Five guys took one doe in three days. This was a slug hunt and we were hunting over corn. We sat in nice box stands. The park employees were great. They took us to and from the blinds each morning and afternoon. They put out a big breakfast spread each morning. The park ranger was disappointed we weren't getting any deer. I've been on hunts that cost ten times the price of this one that didn't have one-tenth of the service. You'll have a very nice hunt.

Comment

Awesome to hear it will be a good hunt. Unfortunately, I was not drawn. My wife and my step dad will be going on this one.

Anyone know if she will have to use her deer tags, or does the park give out tags?

Comment

The draw hunts are tagged with the State's tags, you don't use yours.
          REad the book carefully and it tells about the tags, standby positions (you may want to try on that hunt), dos and don'ts, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rberg View Post
            The draw hunts are tagged with the State's tags, you don't use yours.
            REad the book carefully and it tells about the tags, standby positions (you may want to try on that hunt), dos and don'ts, etc.
            Thanks! I thought the state provided the tags, but I could not find it.

If I can get someone to watch the kiddos, I will try to go with my wife and hunt as a standby hunter. If nothing else, I will try to help her out as much as I can. Though, I think it is likely that the hunt managers will not let me do much to help here if I don't get a standby position.

Comment

Beautiful lake - didn't know there were hunts there

Comment

Working...
              X