No announcement yet.

Old sabine bottom!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plannin on going sometime in sept to scout. will be there for a week and a half in nov. hope it stays dry.

Comment

Originally posted by fordxpress View Post
      FYI, if you don't already know, you can use an atv as long as you take an atv safty class, you can find out where the classes are at "www.atvsafety.org", $125.00 for adults and $75.00 for children under 15yrs. If you bought a new atv recently the fee is waved with proof of purchase. You also have to get an annual atv decal ($8.00), you can order online at "www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/ohv/".
      Note: According to the instructor, this is the only atv safety class recognized by Texas Parks and Wildlife, the instructor also said the fine is stiff ($600) if you get caught without the Class Certificate and OHV decal.

good luck.
      Rick

Everyone has to have that class?? no matter what age you are?? Just asking...

Comment

I believe everyone has to have it. Unless like hand grenade said you have a utv. I live really close grenade, I will start to scout at the end of this month. I have a general idea of where I want to scout. Looking to get a doe in there this year.

Comment

i will be out there some this year. if your from mineola do you hunt off of 1804 or do you come around to the main entrance. i live on 16 just before you get to 2710

Comment

i have never had a chance to harvest a deer on the old sabine. seen plenty of deer though. i think if anyone can harvest a deer on this place no matter if its a doe or a spike that would make for some bragging rights. this place is so big and its hard to pattern the deer. now the hogs are another story. usually get one or two porkers off this place every year. sprayn let me know how the trails are looking. id hate to get stuck again this year. lol my sorry brother in law wont help me push the mule when we get stuck.

Comment

I have hunted both. Come around more than hunt 1804. We are going to try to hunt these deer a little different this year.

Comment

We should get together sometime and scout!!! It's a little better scouting with someone rather than by yourself. Got stranded last year on the powerline in the back. 4 wheeler broke down.

Comment

we can definatly do that. i got a couple of guys i hunt with out there and we pretty much have a few spots we hunt ,but i need to get out there and check on them spots before season. we usually use squirrel season to do our scouting. we might try some of the atv side this year, never hunted over there before

Comment

thats when im planning on doing my scouting, during squirrel season. maybe try to get a hog while im there. but mainly im going to focus on finding a good spot to set up. has anyone had any luck setting up a trail cam out there and getting any pictures. and was the camera still there when you came to retrieve it? lol

Comment

I haven't tried a camera , i'm sure there are alot of good people that hunt out there, but there is always one jackazz, that will mess with your stuff. Even if I come across someones stand they left on purpose, It's not hurting anyone so I just go about my business. I would be a little leary leaving it out there. I was told the other day the biggest buck taken that had been recorded was a 119'. Don't know if that is true or not.

Comment

you can talk to the biologist at the office to confirm that. i have heard the same thing too but im not sure if i heard it from one of the maintenance guys or another hunter, its been awhile. like i said there are some huge deer out there. found some very large scrapes a few years back.

Comment

Hey HG good luck this year, I hope to harvest something this year I have been planning all last year for this year and things are finally takeing shape and comeing together just wanna say keep up the work and scouting and you will have a big deer too, like I said scout for this year as well as next year. Well gl.

Comment

never tried a camera out there but i want to this year, im worried about somebody stealing it if i do. never had any problems out there and have never had any of my stuff messed with. most of the guys i have meet out there have been real good folks but you never know.

Comment

If you setup a camera spend alot of time on security measures and alot of time on finding a good place to put the camera I think that is the hardest part I just put one of my moultries 3.1s out the morning on some property near Paris, tx.

Comment

I am going to be down there this coming weekend, and look for some good sign for early season.

Comment

Working...
                                X