No announcement yet.

snakes of Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost put my knee down on this guy while checking a game camera.

This timber rattler was about a mile down the road from my old lease in Carthage, TX

Almost stepped on this one. I have no idea what kind it is.

Comment

Last pic is a broad banded water snake. Harmless.

Comment

big boy crossing the road

Comment

Great pictures.
          It's nice to see others appreciate nature and all its beauty and dangers.

It would be nice to have at least 1 snake thread without someone saying something about dead snakes though.

Comment

I just stepped around Two Brown Snakes doing my weedeating today I truly believe if you keep your eyes open and are aware of your surroundings there is no need to kill snakes ; unless they are aggressive and come after you . . .

Comment

Oughta add a pic of a hog nose snake to this!

They're pretty mean, and they'll strike at you, but they're fairly harmless.

Originally posted by denowt View Post
              It would be nice to have at least 1 snake thread without someone saying something about dead snakes though.
              And Hog nose snakes will even roll over and play dead

Comment

Ugh I hate snakes!!

Comment

Rat Snake

This guy was in my yard last week. Biggest Rat Snake I have ever seen... over 6 ft. He went up the tree and looked in 2 different bird nests and came back down.

Comment

Nice Pics, But

Comment

I should not have clicked on this

Comment

Encountered most of these at some point in the woods.

Comment

I hate all snakes

Comment

Originally posted by jkrueger16 View Post
                            I hate all snakes
                            Thank you for sharing, but why open/comment on a thread that you know you will hate?

Comment

we go out @ night @ the ranch looking for diamondbacks, I caught a 2-3 footer and kept it for over a year, just like one of those old western movies, try putting your hand against the glass while he strikes. it WILL give you a rush, would still have him but was gone for a week and no one would even pour water into his bowl, through the screen top of course. I had a expanded metal with heavy screen top made for his tank. just lift the lid once or twice a month and drop in a mouse, mouse would live for about 20-30 seconds after the bite. had a 4 footer crawl into my bow stand while I was hunting once, he made a really nice hat band

Comment

Saw a pygmy rattler near what is now Safari Waters Ranch near Athens when I was in high school, did not remember it being that colorful

I am getting more tolerant with age, used to whack every snake I laid eyes on. Now only the poisonous ones get it. Don't have any desire to handle them though

Comment

Working...
                                X