I'm scared to ask - age and score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm scared to ask - age and score

I see some incredible bucks posted here and I know a lot are from high fences or areas that feed a lot of protein. My little 160 acres will never produce or see bucks like that but when I see a buck like this on my place I'm excited. This will be my buck next season.

I first saw him in late December 2015. He was around for a few weeks, only at night. We did not see him in 2016. He showed again in late December 2017 and came by nightly through February 18, 2018. He finally managed to stay past dawn and I was able to get some daylight pictures. He's going to be a hard one to get ahead of. I have pictures of several bucks that leave when he shows up. Other bucks are giving way to his path when they do come in. They constantly watch him.

So, what do you think of Christmas? What do you think he will age and score? The first picture is from December 31, 2017.
    Attached Files

nice buck, hes mature ,good luck

Comment

5.5 or 6

Comment

Good Luck. He's a trophy to my way of thinking.

Comment

Looks 5.5+ in the first couple of pics. No real visible signs of knee wear makes me think he's not over 5.5 though.

Comment

5 135

Comment

Hes mature. i would build a short wired feed pen off the feeder and hand corn the heck out of it. he will come in daylight. Christmas may come early for you next year.

Comment

Score in the low 30's. Maybe mid. Pretty deer.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  Hes mature. i would build a short wired feed pen off the feeder and hand corn the heck out of it. he will come in daylight. Christmas may come early for you next year.
                  This. And don't even hunt the area if your wind isn't right.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                    This. And don't even hunt the area if your wind isn't right.
                    I'm thinking wind and temperatures! He, like most of the mature ones, don't show up until the temps are cold by my standards.

I have a few mid December pics that several people said make them think he's much older, but he could be just worn down from the rut. In fact the first 3 pics look like he's a lot older - backbone, thin hips, etc. He's made a nice comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      I'm thinking wind and temperatures! He, like most of the mature ones, don't show up until the temps are cold by my standards.

I have a few mid December pics that several people said make them think he's much older, but he could be just worn down from the rut. He's made a nice comeback.
                      Yep. And if you see he is patterned to eat corn at night, try to set your throw times to keep as much corn as possible off the ground in the dark hours. Give him a reason to come out in the daylight. We're gonna get this guy on the ground for you.

Comment

Good looking buck I say he is 6 in those pics and pushing 140 ! Good luck getting on him next season!!

Comment

Hand corn off of a trail to get him to coming in daylight that will probably be your best chance to get him good luck!

Comment

6.5 low 130's

Comment

7.5 and low 130s

Comment

Working...
                              X