Good week of drawn hunts ends bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good week of drawn hunts ends bad

Started Tuesday with a management hunt at James Daughtrey WMA where it was cold, wet, snowy, and rainy. It was a fun hunt though and I tagged out with a doe and a 7 pt buck. Left Thursday for a hunt at Balcones Canyonlands that started on Friday but got skunked there. Actually didn't hunt the last day due to warming weather and not really seeing much other than a few does and young bucks. I headed back to Beaumont but made a stop in Houston for some personal business and while doing so my truck was broken into and they got three guns (one rifle and two pistols), my laptop, and my hunting backpack which had binos, rangefinder, etc. Don't know how they got in as there was no damage and I double checked that it was locked. Filed a police report and the wait begins.

Below are some pics from the hunt. While gutting the buck I noticed one of his lungs looked like he had been a long time smoker and the other was normal color. Has anyone on here seen this before?
    Attached Files

Ive seen some weird things cleaning deer but never a lung that looked like that! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Dunno why, but when I saw the lung...made me think of Zoolander coughing and saying he had the black lung.

Comment

Dang a good start and a crappy end! Hope you at least get some of your stuff back.

Comment

smoker buck. Guess he was never taught to just say no

Comment

Where did your shot hit the buck? Looks like blood that filled the lung, which seems right considering the amount of blood by his face/mouth.

just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
              Dunno why, but when I saw the lung...made me think of Zoolander coughing and saying he had the black lung.
              "...It's not very well ventilated down there..."

Comment

I hate thieves. Hope they find your stuff

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot a buck this year with a lung like that. It was obviously different, but nothing else looked abnormal. The deer did have some skin missing at it's front elbow where it looked like it may have been shot previously, but it looked to be healing nicely. I shot that deer high in the shoulder with a 270. It hit the top front of the lungs.

Comment

Inspect ur door handles and locks. Might see tool marks or dents. May show better at night with a flashlight.

Comment

I shot a doe out at Lake Georgetown years ago with a lung just like that. The biologist (trey I think his name was) said it was probably pneumonia or a lung parasite. She was otherwise healthy, I ate her.

Comment

Originally posted by macguyverberry View Post
                        Where did your shot hit the buck? Looks like blood that filled the lung, which seems right considering the amount of blood by his face/mouth.

just a thought...
                        He was facing to the right and slightly quartering away and I hit him square in his right shoulder. He stumbled and died less than 20 feet from where I hit him.
                        I got the shot on video and would love to share it on here but the video camera was in the backpack that was stolen from my truck.

Comment

Sorry about your truck being broken into, but congrats on the deer!

Comment

"Smoked him? Ha....sorry

Comment

Originally posted by alien77721 View Post
                              "Smoked him? Ha....sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X